Which headers to get?

-

kfrese

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 73 dodge dart sport 340. Looking for long headers to fit. If that exists. It has been 15 years since I bought headers. I had the same car before and I remember that the shop I hired to install them had to really mangle the heck out of them to make it fit, very disappointing. I can say this, I love the price of $129 for hedman headers, but I need some knowledge as far as what brands fit well or require say less labor to make fit. BTW my engine is a mild build, so I am going to basically cruise, no racing for me. Thanks everyone. :razz:

I have never had a 73 with something running in it, but I have had several 67-72 cars. They should be the same for fitment. All of them I had, I had the cheap Summit headers on and they fit good. The only thing they hit were the torsion bars and I was able to easily tweak them not to make contact. As long as your car does not sit low in the front, you will not have any trouble with ground clearance.

I have a set of Hooker ceramic coated ones that have few dings, but i will sell you cheap. Like $225 shipped?

Just save your pennies to get a ceramic coated pair. It's worth it's weight in gold.

TTI or Dougs if you drive on the street and have the coin. There are shorty's if you are on a budget and don't want to deal with a crushed drivers side primary tube that all the cheap designed long tube headers will. If strip only car, the cheap ones work fine.

I have Dougs and they are sweet.

i have a set of hedmans 50 bucks you come get them.or i can install

-
Back