Which heads for my 318 ???

-

twotone68

lifetime mopar man
Reaction score
Soo as not to confuse any one with my question. I would like all your opinions on which heads you think would be a better choice for my combination and goal. This is a add on to my last post . 75 318,85,000 miles on it. mostly stock bottom end, Hughes 318 muscle car cam, melling hv oil pump, cloyes dbl roller timing set.87 swirl port closed chamber # 302 castings on it now. Wieand Stealth intake ,Quick Fuel Hr series 580 carb.carter street mech. fuel pump,mopar elec. ign. with Revonater box,pertronix high out put coil,msd wires. Stock exhaust manifolds,2 1/4 pipes with x pipe and delta flows. This is all in my 68 dart With a 904. B n M rv shift kit, 8 1/4 rear with 3.21 gear. Daily driver. My question is ??? I would like to get approximately 320 hp at the wheels. my cylinder head choices are. Engine Quests, 318B heads with T & D roller rockers,beehive springs,Stainless back cut high flow valves .Or Pro Comps Aluminum Heads with Harlan Sharps Full rollerized rockers. Both will have to have 62 cc because of stock 8.5 compression. I will run The .024 Thick head gaskets to try to keep compression. PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON WHICH CHOICE YOU THINK I SHOULD RUN AND WHY !!!!! THANK YOU ALL.

Your expectations may be a little high. I don't think that combo will make 320 at the wheels , regardless of the heads chosen. How quick do you want to go? 320 honest hp at the wheels in a light weight A body has 11 second potential. The EQ heads are good. I don't know anything about the PC. Your rocker arm choices seem a bit pricey for such a mild engine. IMO, I would get headers and a converter before digging into the engine.

No way you get 320 at the wheels without a 100 shot of juice! You may want to reassess your expectations.

T&D rockers.... WHY? Waste of money for what you have. That money is better spent elsewhere, unless you are getting a set for $100 not $1000. Same goes for the Harland Sharps. A set of factory style 273 adjustables will work great and save mucho dinero.

My 360 mayyyybbeeeeee makes 320 at the wheels, and it has new everything, eddy heads, headers, 11:1, good size cam etc. Don't strive for a HP goal, build the engine for what you want to do with it. Also a good converter and gears make a huge difference, I have 276 rear gears and the combo sucks! 3.91 going in instead.

X2 on the 273 adjustable rockers, those would work good for you.

-
Back