Which heads?

-

PhillH

Reaction score
4027596 on the intake runner under the valve cover, I cannot find this casting number? I have checked twice on both heads same number, not 4027569 like I found through searching?

Thank you, is there any way to tell what head it is, whats it called, chamber volume? Is it one of the good ones?

Got a set rusting away on my garage floor,thats how good i think they are..

Thank you, is there any way to tell what head it is, whats it called, chamber volume? Is it one of the good ones?

There's no letter attached to these heads, ie: "J" or "X"....they're just regular production heads...nothing special...no better or worse than any other small block head. There should be a "360" cast into one of the runners as well. Open chamber, volume is around 66-72.5cc. They're OK for street use, and can be ported out to flow very well.

Yes there is a 360 there as well, I cleaned up the castings and had them rebuilt / milled and stainless 202's put in. Thanks.

4027596 on the intake runner under the valve cover, I cannot find this casting number? I have checked twice on both heads same number, not 4027569 like I found through searching?

That is the casting number. There fine as is for stock ro a general performance engine. Ported, they can flow up to and around 260 cfm.

Fine is what i'm looking for for, let's get this baby up and running reliable for now...

-
Back