Which Magnum flywheel to purchase

-

valiantwagon

Reaction score
I am getting to order a flywheel for my slightly modified 360 Magnum that will be going in my Demon.
Looks like the choices are the Mopar P5249842 and the Mcleod 464102-15A. The main difference I see is the MP flywheel weighs 18.5 lbs and the Mcleod 30 lbs.
Any suggestions? Car will have some strip use but I won't be dropping the clutch or anything. Car will have street legal race radials.

I put the Mopar flywheel on my crate motor back in 2002. It has held up to 32,000 miles and several hundred passes. I dump the clutch at 5000, shift at 6000 and run mid 12's. With a Center Force Dual Friction clutch it works great for the street or strip.

Thanks for the reply, I think the website that had the MP flywheel weight listed at 18.5 lbs may have been incorrect, can anyone verify the correct weight on this one?

I cannot verify the weight of the MP, but I have 2 Mcloeds one with a 130 tooth and one with 143 tooth, and they are nice if switch engines often between different balances.

If you haven't purchased the flywheel yet, I just listed a brand new Mopar 5.9L Mangnum flywheel in the clasified section. Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks.

-
Back