Which parts are interchangable for a 74' plymouth scamp?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

74scamp360

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys i recently bought a 1974 plymouth scamp and am wondering if any parts from a dart, valiant maybe duster or demon, A bodys in general would work on my car. I know that my front bumper for instance has those huge bumperetes on it and i really don't like the look of them but a dart one on the other hand looks good so i'm just wondering what parts you can change between cars. Thanks for your time your help is greatly appretiated.

I do not believe the 73-76 Dart front bumpers will interchange with the 73-76 Scamp bumpers.

If you want to get rid of the front bumper and beek front end, the hood grille, grille filler, and hood latch support from a 70-72 Scamp/Duster will bolt up to your car without changing the fenders. You will have to drill holes on the sides of the front rails to get the earlier bumper to bolt up due to the difference in the earlier bumper brackets but it can be done.

Joe

Ok thanks i just want to get it straight what is interchangable before i go out and buy something that may not fit. Thanks again

'73 bumpers are all by themselves for all A bodies.
'74 up interchange.
'73s have bumper brackets similar to pre-'73 cars, whereas '74-'76s have the inner brace and shock assemblies.

If you don't like the looks of the big bumperette assemblies, just remove the bumperette assemblies and put stainless bumper bolts where the holes are.

Mark.

I have a fair bit of experience with these car as I have 2 74 Darts the bumpers will look really stupid if you swap a dart bumper with a scamp the darts stick out farther at the point so if you put them on a scamp or duster they will leave a big gap under the grill just as if you put a scamp bumper on a dart (have seen this) it will actually sit under the grill. As far as pulling the bumper guards off I have never had a problem taking them of beside breaking the odd bolt but if you don't want them I wouldn't worry about it just take the bumperettes off they are easy to find on the back of the bumper because they are the only bolts the rest will be nuts and they are a real pain taking off the only problem is because the sun has never hit the bumper under the bumper guards it will no be faded or pitted if the rest of your bumper is then it will look off. Once you do take them off it will leave holes in the bumper just get the regular bumper bolts with the chrome rounded end to match the rest of them on the bumper and put 4 of them on but if you ever want to get them back off put never seize on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back