Which rear is this.

-

1963dartgt

Reaction score
I got this 1963 dart from my uncle when he passed about two years ago.I put the car in storage and finally pulled it out about three months ago. Well I was changing the gas tank and had a peak at the rear end and need help identifying it I can get more pics later.

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 178
any a body before 73 could have come with one. I have seen them in slant six cars, 318 cars, and deffinately any performance 340 car.

Thanks for the info guys the car has been in the family since it rolled off the lot and for the last 30 years is made a two mile trip to the liquor store. Then I got it and made a few fascinating discoverys.if it's an 8 3/4 time to pull the /6 and put something bigger.

do some research first. the firewall needs to be modified on a 63 to fit a v8. i forget what else is different. but plenty of guys on here have the knowledge.

I've done the research and was in the process of looking for an a body rear I guess I got lucky

The factory starting installing 8.75's in the later part of the 65 model year in cars with the 273/235 4 speed combos as those combos were just trashing the standard 7.25s. 8.75s were see more in 66 and much more later years. An 8.75 installed in a 64 or earlier A body was done by an owner. As someone mentioned, they were even seen with slant 6s. I parted out a 71 slant 6/904 mordoor that had Kelsey Hayes disc brakes and 8.75 - the owner wanted HD components for towing but with a slant's supposed economy :wack:.

They put slants in dump trucks. Figure that one out. 4.56 gears and 55mph top speed.

-
Back