Which spray guns do yall prefer

-

chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
Hey guys Im about to paint the dart and Im stuck on which HVLP mgun I wanna get.... I dont want to spend anymore than 350 bucks and I wanna gun where I can spray from primer filler to clear coat..

I have some Sharpe Platinum guns with different tips. I don't like to mix my primer guns with my BC/CC guns. You can find them really cheap on the Bag if you look.

I use the Sata RP guns. You can use just one gun to spray everything but you'll need different size tips. I use one gun for base/clear, it has a 1.3 tip and my primer gun has a 1.7 tip, high build primer needs a bigger tip, I also have one with a 2.5 tip for spraying Slicksand.

I use a Devilabus (sp). Both guns are gravity fed, one's for primer and the other is for color and clear. GREAT guns. I just wish I would/could paint more.

I think for under $300.00 you can get the DeVilbiss GFG-670, and it comes with 3 different size tips and rods, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.8, if I remember correctly. Before I paint my Vart this time, that's the gun I will be buying. From everything I've been able to determine, it will lay down clear like glass, and does a really good job with the basecoat or urethanes as well.
I get the $45.00 specials from any of the hardware places for spraying epoxy and hi-build primers. They usually come with a 1.4 and a 1.7 or 1.8 tip, and they lay down primer as good as anything.

I use a Sata-jet,Dad uses devilbiss,base and clear guns.Use the Croix system
(vacuum)for priming.I use the devilbisses once in a while,its a nice gun as well,i prefer my Sata though.Personal preferance.Oh these are also gravity
fed.Try these web sights www.spraygunworld.com and spraygundepot.com.You can buy a quality gun for less $$$.

I purcahsed a kit from Eastwoods that included a touch-up gun and a full size gun. It came with multiple tips for different paint viscosities and clean-up tools. It was the DeVillbus Finish Line series of guns. I believe it was $150 for the set. I have done a bunch of panel repair painting with these guns and I am quite satisfied.

FWIW, I took an adult education course in autobody and had a chance to try out a bunch of guns. For a noobe I couldn't tell the difference. The instructors recomendation was not to spend a bunch on your first gun.

I have an inexpensive unit that i have painted two cars with and did a fairly good job BUT before i do another i will invest in a nice gun and I will be the only one to use it as it is not wise to let someone that don't have a clue about cleaning and the importance there of to use your guns. Take this advice from someone that knows.

Yeah I plan on painting my truck then the dart and I have a couple of bikes lined up to paint so maybe I can charge them enough to get my money back on the gun or guns I decide on. Any one tried the GTI devilbiss???? Im thinking thats the base and clear gun Im wanting... Thanks for all the comments

Oh yeah Im thinking of putting some flake in the paint maybe some color changing pigment or something.. I dunno if yall can gimmie any more info on guns I would appreciate it.

-
Back