Which style of single cup BBP calipers should I use?

-

Geo4K

Just your average Gearhead.
Reaction score
Hi all - could I have some coaching:
I have the spindles & uppers for the drum to disc conversion on my Dart to the later cars (73+) front disc brakes and initially got some bad brake calipers (Duster style) and would now like to use the 2 pin calipers as found on the Bs and Es. I'm looking at the RH and LH calipers that would have come off the Chargers from 70 - 72. I'll need the caliper part kits too - and looking at a catalog from Classic Industries, they list a different kit for the years 1970 - $183.99, 1971 - $183.99, 1972 - $106.99 and 1973-1974 for $89.99. Friends, what is the difference please?

I had seen some earlier comments about routing the hoses, so if any of you BTDTA crowd will chime in on some of that, like how long the brake lines need to be or what car the buy them for so they'd fit on my, I'd be very grateful for the advise.

Anyone have an exploded view of the wheel, rotor, caliper, pin assembly they could share too? I haven't seen my first one in the wild yet. ;)

I would appreciate your time and advise - thank you

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
I think that the 73-74 are the pin type caliper, the others are the slider calipers.
Check your local auto parts store, they should have the kits so you can look at them.

All you need are 70-74 Barracuda: rebuilt calipers, cheap, pin type, and come with all the hardware; adapters for the same; and brake hoses for the same. I use Hawk HPS pads. The adapters come in large 11.75 rotor or small 10.95 rotor, the small ones are reasonable about $50. Either will pull down your car from speed very easily. Not complicated at all. These are on the 67 Cuda with a 73 K frame.

70 E Body 1.JPG
70 E Body 2.JPG
70 E Body 3.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, all. Very much appreciate your time and replies.

George

-
Back