Which thermostat to go with 185/175 temp sensor?

-

Reaction score
Which thermostat to go with a electric fan with 185/175 on/off temp sensor ?
Do you want it more than the 185 fan ON like 190 thermostat or same or even just under ?

So you want the thermostat to open before the fan turns on?
I would think so. The fan only turns on if the engine heats past the thermostat temp. I wouldn't use that switch. Something with a higher temp. Run a 180 stat and have the fan turn on at over 200.

I think so. The fan only turns on if the engine heats past the thermostat temp. I wouldn't use that switch. Something with a higher temp. Run a 180 stat and have the fan turn on at over 200.
Seems to be the one the comes with amazon fan relay kits, I'll probably just by the sensor and relay separately and make my own.

On the trucks I worked on with fan clutches the fan would engage 10 degrees above the thermostat. 180 thermostat fan engages at 190 and so on.

You're looking to set this up backwards. You don't size a thermostat to go with whatever switch you have, you buy the switch based on what thermostat you use. Id never run a 160 stat in anything

I bought a cheap Amazon adjustable thermostat controlled relay kit for now, probably upgrade to something better when I fix the wiring. Appreciate the responses.

1711700755257.png

Most cars you would do a 180 stat and turn the fan on at 195 or 200.

That is not hot enough to do anything you'd need to worry about.

-
Back