Which torsion bars?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
Making my 73 swinger a street car, has small block/at. Looking for some lift in the front end, which torsion bars are best for this? Heard that the pst 1.03" actuallly drop in height. True? Just are stiffer, which is what im looking for as well. Have v8 a/c factory bars now, but is pretty low. Rebuilding suspention now. Will have a lifted rear spring in rear, going that old school look.... Any suggestions,ny headers are too low.. And aint buying tti's high dollar headers...

The adjustment in the lower control arm sets the height. It has nothing to do with the bar, except at what point the adjuster is for any given height. The stiffer the bar the lower the car be without bottoming out too much. A 1.03 bar is a good bar for decent handling, but if you don't have a front sway bar you should add that, too.

The PST bars above 1.00 are not clocked (pre-stressed) like OEM bars as they are the same part number for both sides. So putting in a PST bar will lower your car from where the original bar left you, but its just a matter of adjusting to get it back to original ride height.

Well mine are a little low and were almost fully adjusted, maybe just worn out? They are the orignial, and yes i know the adjustment issues, i would like stifer set up, just looking into what other choises are out there.......

-
Back