which voltage regulator?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
raising from the dead 71 duster slant, points dist. in process of getting it running again( dead since '98).. OP had cut the wires to the VR. VR missing in action too. did mother mopar go to that newer style VR in 70??? or was it for the electronic dist. that came out in 72??? or is the newer style VR associated with a slighter higher output alt. also????????

Yes 70/ later has the newer style "flat" electronic regulator. The proper term by the way is "isolated field" and not "dual field."

I have VR of a 67/68 Barracuda and a "good" low mileage alternator off a 69 Barracuda that I'll sell for a very reasonable price...I'm also in texas

LeT me know.

treblig

I have VR of a 67/68 Barracuda and a "good" low mileage alternator off a 69 Barracuda that I'll sell for a very reasonable price...I'm also in texas

LeT me know.

treblig
as soon as I get it running, I might find I need one!! this duster hd actually 2 VR screwed on, (why!? ha!)......

anyway, the type VR is related to having an alt. with the 1 or 2 field wire setups! I guess. I had it in my head it was related to having a points OR electronic dist. all these decades! hey I have NEVER claimed to have any great mechanical smarts!!!

LeT me know.

treblig

70 and later uses a different VR and dual field alt...

67/68 use the old style VR and single field alt...

-
Back