While reading the '56 Coronet Lancer thread I spotted my old minibike!

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Talk about memories, past and ongoing...

This was my very first minibike Back in the Day (same model, color, everything), and because the engine was bad I got it in-trade for a bike from a kid who lived about 2 blocks away.

Rupp.JPG

I think I paid around $100 or so for a new engine (Dad loaned me the money, and I paid him back from my paper route money), and on the very first ride with the new engine I cut a bone-deep, v-shaped gash in my left shin, as I was wearing loose fitting pants and I hadn't put the torque converter guard on yet....

One Emergency Room visit and 30+ stitches later...

Don't have the minibike, but I still have the v-shaped scar on my left shin.

And the memories of one my first lessons regarding safety equipment.

Last edited:
My neighbor/best friend had a Ruppster- I had an Arctic Ssscat.
1705417219690.png

Man, we got into a lot of trouble together!

Your 56 Lancer title grabbed me… I didn’t ride mini bikes or dirt bikes, I liked 4 wheels… My son, on the other hand, likes dirt bikes and started asking for one when he was 3. I told him when he started riding his bicycle without training wheels that we’d get him one. We took them off and put them back on so much that he figured out how to remove them him self. Then he started exploring the wrench… He started riding his bicycle when he was 4 so when he turned 5, we made good on our deal. Bought a cheap used china bike for $75… I’ve rebuilt everything but the engine twice but he loves it, loves riding it, and loves messing with it! We started in the front yard with cones and now we’re in the pasture on a little track we mowed down. Good times for sure…

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

Last edited:
Your 56 Lancer title grabbed me… I didn’t ride mini bikes or dirt bikes, I liked 4 wheels… My son, on the other hand, likes dirt bikes and started asking for one when he was 3. I told him when he started riding his bicycle without training wheels that we’d get him one. We took them off and put them back on so much that he figured out how to remove them him self. Then he started exploring the wrench… He started riding his bicycle when he was 4 so when he turned 5, we made good on our deal. Bought a cheap used china bike for $75… I’ve rebuilt everything but the engine twice but he loves it, loves riding it, and loves messing with it! We started in the front yard with cones and now we’re in the pasture on a little track we mowed down. Good times for sure…

View attachment 1716193169

View attachment 1716193170

View attachment 1716193171

View attachment 1716193172

View attachment 1716193173
Another example of why there is hope for the future... Little boys still doing boy stuff... Love it! Thanks for the post...

-
Back