White face gauges for non-rallye cluster

-
I like them. I wish you could get silver though to match my ultra light guages.

So if white gauges means ricer, does that mean the new chrysler 300 is a ricer? Or SRT10 pick-up? Or the Magnum R/T???? Hmmm these vehicles are V8(and10) rear wheel drive. Most of them are even Hemis.

Funny this thread popped up...........

I've been playing with an old set of dash gauges and pulled them apart to do this:

20049231039703856465242.jpg

I bought an Autometer monster tach and liked the white gauge face. I figured the dash gauges would be easier to see since thay are recessed into the dash. Soooo..... I'm in the process of making a set of white face gauges for a `67-69 B`cuda / `70 Duster. The only problem I have is that I don't have a tach or performance indicator to make a complete set for all models.

And not that I want to beat up on LittleCampbell, whom made this statement the first post, I too don't think it's rice. I just think it would be easier to read.

Now, having a 5" monster tach with an 4 cyl./automatic Kia ...... :wink:

How are you making the faces? Are you using a laser printer? The Rallye dash one is interesting as well, because I have a couple of '70 340 dusters too (with rallye dashes).

My driver is a biege 74 duster, with a 340 4spd of course, I want to pull the cluster after the snow flies and recondition it, I thought the white gauges might look kinda cool.

340Duster:
Do any of your 70 Dusters have the 150mph speedometer
or is that what you mean when you say Rally Dash? My 70
has the 150 speedo, I think it would be cool with white-face
gauges, now rice-rocket racers would have neon gauges :roll:

Yes that is what I meant by Rallye Cluster. The rallye dash (with the 150mph speedo) was standard equipment on 1970&71 Dusters, Demon and Darts with 340 engines. 1970's had the thumbwheel radio and 71's had the knob type. They all had woodgrain uppers and black lower sections.

340duster said:
How are you making the faces? Are you using a laser printer?

Staples does the image reversing on their copier. All you do is bring them the gauge faces, lay `em on the bed, reverse the image, and print it out on semi-gloss paper. If you do it right, it cost less than $2 a set if I remember correctly.

I would imagine that you could also feed the images into your computer and photoshop the numerals and design too....

As you can see, I've given this alot ot thought :-s

fastbackcuda said:
I like them. I wish you could get silver though to match my ultra light guages.

Check with a print shop they might have some specialty papers or mylar you could use.

site1009.JPG

so it this riced up?????

i know the floor mats are pushing it, but they match the car.....$20 at WalMart...not proud of that either, but they work and match....

green67cuda said:
site1009.JPG

so it this riced up?????

i know the floor mats are pushing it, but they match the car.....$20 at WalMart...not proud of that either, but they work and match....

Nope, That looks fricken cool!

I keep hearing rally this rally that and to tell the truth im jealous because my 73 didnt have the rally gauges. I am wanting to convert them from the ugly square speedo to the rally type. Does anyone have an extra set that they would be willing to part with? If so send me a PM please!

The whole dash is different (the metal part too). So it would require the whole bolt in dash assembly to convert it. The plastic part of the rallye dash also has the heater controls in it. on the squre type the heater controls are mounted in the metal part of the dash. Sorry won't part with any of mine.

-
Back