White face gauges

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Anybody redo their's in white? I just got a set and pulled mine apart today to redo them, anybody have any pics.?

Yea, I did mine white.
I used aftermarket guages in the original holes, and replaced the background on the speedometer.

Attachments

• dashnow2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 471
I bought a set of white faces for my 68, off Ebay. I am now stuck at trying to get the cluster out of the car. The screws all come off, then I unclipped the speedo cable. But pulling it out still feels like it's latched onto something (not the wires). Once I can get it out, I'll take it apart and put them on...

I bought a set of white faces for my 68, off Ebay. I am now stuck at trying to get the cluster out of the car. The screws all come off, then I unclipped the speedo cable. But pulling it out still feels like it's latched onto something (not the wires). Once I can get it out, I'll take it apart and put them on...

the wiring harness attached to the back of the cluster using a plastic clip in the harness and a tab on the cluster. also you need to drop the column down (pull the firewall bolts, the three 7/16 bracket to body bolt/nuts, then the 4 1/2" saddle bolts) let the column drop. then you can tilt the cluster out.

dont forget the alt leads and brake warning lamp!

Just did mine on my 68 Dart. Easy to do and I think they look great. Added l.e.d. lights while I had it a part.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 432
Night...

Attachments

• dash night.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 444
Got my bulbs on Ebay and bulb holders from Rock auto. Spent less than 20 bucks total.. Well worth it.

Got my bulbs on Ebay and bulb holders from Rock auto. Spent less than 20 bucks total.. Well worth it.

I usually go through superbrightleds, but what type of base do the bulbs need to be? And did you go for multi-directional or single LED's on each bulb?

Thanks for the pics. guys! I just ordered some LED's for mine also, decided to use green one's. :blob:

Mine are white bulbs but have the blue bulb covers in the cluster left on. You might have to remove the covers to get a green glow.

After about a weeks worth of work here is my redone gauge cluster.
White faces, repainted the needles, carbon fiber overlay and redid the chrome with Bare metal foil.
It came out pretty good except i noticed after it was together i noticed the speedometer overlay is a little off, guess i'll just have to live with it.

002-4_zps3b807dcc.jpg

Thanks guys, gonna put it back in tomorrow can't wait to see how the LED's look!

Well looks like i'll be doing this again, i managed to break the bezel putting it in today also found the headlight switch went bad! Good thing i had another bezel hopefully i don't break this one!

Looks good! Gonna do the white face carbon fiber overlay on my 70 duster too!

Bummer. At least you have the bezel and don't have looking for one. When I did mine I found my amp gauge wiring melted and broke the speedo cable putting it back in. It's always something...

Well looks like i'll be doing this again, i managed to break the bezel putting it in today also found the headlight switch went bad! Good thing i had another bezel hopefully i don't break this one!

$hitty..sorry to hear...backups are good though! As much as you wrestle with keeping extra stuff, its worth it! Now fix yer broken one asap!!

-
Back