White guages?

-

DartSportGreg

The system has failed!
Reaction score
White guages. I just got my white guage kit in the mail and am in the process of getting ready to apply them. anybody else on here use these before? How did they turn out?

I used them on mine. I like them! The original black gauge faces were worn out so it made them look much much better. I also polished up the clear plastic so they looked new when installed.

I used them on mine. I like them! The original black gauge faces were worn out so it made them look much much better. I also polished up the clear plastic so they looked new when installed.

Did use use Maguires plastic polish or something like that on the lens?
I think these will look really sweet with my black 76 cluster bezel and black interior. I'll post apic of my cluster when its done. Did they bubble up at all when you applied them? If so, is it enough t tell?

I got some plastic polish (I think Dico was the brand at the Ace Hardware store) that I use with a buffing wheel. The Polish is blue chalk like substance. Works great.

I got some plastic polish (I think Dico was the brand at the Ace Hardware store) that I use with a buffing wheel. The Polish is blue chalk like substance. Works great.

I'll have to check that stuff out. thanks, for the info, Greg:cheers:

Those are very good looking gauges in white, very cool. We got small blocks white gauges in too but they are a little different.

New gauges in.jpg

I don't want to tell you guys how long it took me to MAKE a set of white face gauges only to see the kit come out a month after I finished mine!

DASH6-vi.jpg

John,
That looks fantastic.
How did you do that?

George
nicework!

I took apart an extra set of gauges and had Staples do a reverse-image photo copy of the gauge faces and printed it on glossy photo paper. Sprayed the needle with Pactra flouresent orange paint, and polished the lenses with a polishing kit for model car paint jobs, like this one:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=80939

Speaking of which, if you ever get the urge to build a replica of your car, these guys sell EXACT MATCH paint in spray cans, or bottle if you airbrush. I bought 2 cans of their LL1 Turquoise and it matches the paint on my car perfectly! That's what I sprayed my air cleaner lid with until I can have a pro shoot it.

http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mcwautofinishes/

Great idea with the gauges! I want the white in my next Dart.

Cool website too man, I was a BIG TIME model builder in the 70's and early 80's.

George

-
Back