who are you hiding from?

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
well now that i have your attention i would like to ask a question. i have noticed that alot of us on the board {especially newbees} for one reason or another have no city or state listed in their signiture. i don't really understand exactly why people don't enter this? it is frustrating in not haveing this info for all the "for sale" posts especially. face it unless you actually know someone on here personally, then what are the odds that anybody would know exactly where you live by haveing your city and home state in your signiture? i kinda like seeing the different areas of the world chimeing in on posts, like tim dart , scarecrow , 68Darthawaii, Käkö, and chrippa. these guys are from all over the globe, not to forget all the northern members in canada. any thoughts on this guys?

well haveing it as mandatory may be the answer unless of course you are in the witness protection program.....

Now I can sit of the fence and give pro and cons to new members and old and give the benefit of the doubt on this,but F#&* it.Any one that has been on any of these sites knows whats going on.Does any one put a ad in the local paper and not give the phone number or some way of contact,NO.You have rules when you sign on here,right,thenas part of selling a item you should be made to fill out a forum with all the needed info and location,numbers,etc needed to sell a item.Its a matter of common respect to others.Most of the people here do not even fill out their personnel BIO,s,or contact listing to either email them or call them.I have my email and phone number on my personnel bio,so if any one has a question or a problem,email me or call,24/7,no big **** here.Next question would be why not,if its a problem with a emailer,go to the tool bar and stop the person from ever emailing you again,done,3.2 seconds.Ever notice that the parts that get the most replys are the ones with the littlest info and people are always trying to contact them and going crazy trying!,and they never respond?Is it not the type of problem you want to have all kinds of people emailing you and calling for your parts to get the cash you want?The board members should do a mandatory check list to make sure there is at least a few ways to contact a person selling on this board,lets see who agrees or disagrees,Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech this is what i was getting at exactly. i do agree with this being common respect to the people of the board. it is very frustrating when you don't see it. kinda makes you look like you just stopped in for the day to sell something and are passing through......dosen't make for a good feeling of trust.

I'm hiding from my wife....

I forgot valentines & now she's on the hunt for me.....#-o

Seriously tho...I think it's cool to see where someone's from when they post on a message board.

As far as for sale ads are concerned, I have all but given up trying to buy or sell stuff on the web, so that doesn't make much difference to me.

Not A Duster said:
I'm hiding from my wife....

I forgot valentines & now she's on the hunt for me.....#-o

Seriously tho...I think it's cool to see where someone's from when they post on a message board.

As far as for sale ads are concerned, I have all but given up trying to buy or sell stuff on the web, so that doesn't make much difference to me.

Yea but you're from Pilot Butt Saskatchewan. Where the hell is that.

Just kidding couldn't resist. :evil2:
I'm hiding from my Boss who thinks I'm still on a job in Nova Scotia.

demon seed said:
Yea but you're from Pilot Butt Saskatchewan. Where the hell is that.

Just kidding couldn't resist. :evil2:
I'm hiding from my Boss who thinks I'm still on a job in Nova Scotia.
ahhh haaa! sooo now the real truth comes out as to why everyone is hiding!

MR.7demon2,If I apply the same thinking to my auto service center and just tell them, just leave the car,and repair the car and do not call them and give them a bill of a 1000$,for a tune up,its just not going to happen,and they are to guess want the bill is to be,or look into a crystal ball for the info.So people want to sell their part for yesterday,but don,t want to tell any one who is selling it and where to get it,or find out more info on it,if you can,t post all your info to contact you,wants the piont.Its like having a ebay account and no PC to recieve the emails,Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech said:
MR.7demon2,If I apply the same thinking to my auto service center and just tell them, just leave the car,and repair the car and do not call them and give them a bill of a 1000$,for a tune up,its just not going to happen,and they are to guess want the bill is to be,or look into a crystal ball for the info.So people want to sell their part for yesterday,but don,t want to tell any one who is selling it and where to get it,or find out more info on it,if you can,t post all your info to contact you,wants the piont.Its like having a ebay account and no PC to recieve the emails,Mrmopartech

well said! i wanted to start this thread with a bold statement like this, but i figured that it would take a life of its own. it would prove where the real feelings are on this......

Mrmopartech said:

Wow, that was intense.
I want what Mrmopartech is having. :notworth:

I agree with ya. It is fun to see where somebody's from (if they are truthful)
and it does help swapping / selling / buying parts. :thumblef: :salut:

I agree with knowing where people are from......I like it cause i get to meet new people from my area all the time and it helps with swapping or selling parts. Hell i put the city and state I'm from and most people even from Ohio have no freaking idea where Dalton is.....

GUYs I hope this thread is read by all, I am not as old as oldvart ha ha,but if there is anything I can do I will .I injoy this site and my life is an open book.I have lerned more than any one will know on this site,from raceing tips to good jokes and yall have walked me thouh how to post pic exetra.give me a grade on how I am doing so I can keep on keepin on. Arkansas dad so be good to me. :sad2:

I'm impressed by how many Canucks there are on here.

I find it very important to know where you're from, because if you're from Mexico or something, I'm just not going to be coming down to buy your door trim, if you know what I mean.

well put mrmopartech. we need to get this guy to teach in our schools, :thumblef:

memike.1 - that was a low blow. ;) The OldVart referred to the car, but now that you mention it, since I'm a LOT older than my car, I guess it can refer to both me and the A-body. :iconbigg:

I'm glad this thread got started because when I originally joined the forum I neglected to put my location into my sig block,and just never really thought about it since then. Now that the subject was opened, I went back in and edited my info to include my location. Thanks. :salut:

oldvart glad to be in your co!! :drinkers: and I can see your poin't.maybe a few more will too. :book: but we cannot expect everyone to be a fast at the light has you are. :thumblef:

i am glad to see this thread still going. it is for the better of the board i think in the long run....i do enjoy seeing the different locations pop up. old vart i see yours says you are in forestburg ab....where is ab? is this alabama?

-
Back