Who carries?

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just wondering how many members carry on a daily basis. I'll be turning 21 in February and I'm planning to get my concealed carry permit when I do. I can open carry here in PA but it seems like a lot if hassle. When I get my permit I'll be carrying my 1911 until I get something smaller.

I have had a permit for several years, and if I'm not in a company vehicle or have company clothes on.... I'm usually packing. Usually have my Ruger LCP on me. Lots of people want to talk junk about carrying a 380, and how they are too small....but I've yet to find anybody who wants to volunteer for a test round to validate their theory...lol. Take the responsibility very serious, and vote for your 2nd amendment rights in the upcoming election.

I carry every day,usually a LCP or Kel-Tec PF9 but sometimes a S&W MP40C. The LCP and PF9 are relatively easy to conceal depending on what you are wearing. I think you will find it difficult to conceal your 1911.

A.

When I'm not going to Canada. I carry with no permit a Springfield xdm. 45.In Texas u don't need a permit

The downside of open carry is this, lets say your in a store with a concealed weapon and bad guy comes in looks around and then pulls a gun and starts shooting at people. You pull your gun and fire because you have already assesed that he looks suspicious and your senses and reflexes are ready so you have a slight advantage to reaction time. However lets say your in a store with an open carry on your hip and bad guy comes in looks at your gun and boom your down first. You never want to give your element of surprise. The bad guy asseses his situation and factors in threats and obstruction however if he cant see you as a threat then youve thrown a wrench in plan and now he doesnt know what to do.

I carry my Beretta PX4 Storm .40 when ever I go out unless its to work

I have carried for four years. In summer I carry a Walther PPK or Taurus TCP in .380. When bulkier shirts come in such as today, I carry a Sig Sauer P226 or S&W 39-2 in 9mm. If I am feeling really bulky, I wear a Colt Cattleman revolver in .45 Colt. If you see me somewhere other than a church or school, I have a gun on me.

I carry concealed only. Usually it's my S&W model 642 with Nyclad JHP. I agree with the above post on the negatives of open carry.

I CC my Kahr CM9 everywhere I go, even in and around the house. Heck even my mom carries either her Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .38 or my old CC Taurus TCP .380. While I support people to have the right to open carry I preffer conceal carry. I have read of people being hassled and even arrested and convicted from people claiming "he pulled the gun and threatened me". So I would just rather not even let the anti gunners have the opportunity to know what, when and if I carry.

Thanks guys. after I get my permit Im looking at the Springfield XD-S. Looks like an awesome carry pistol and its in .45.

I have had a permit for several years, and if I'm not in a company vehicle or have company clothes on.... I'm usually packing. Usually have my Ruger LCP on me. Lots of people want to talk junk about carrying a 380, and how they are too small....but I've yet to find anybody who wants to volunteer for a test round to validate their theory...lol. Take the responsibility very serious, and vote for your 2nd amendment rights in the upcoming election.

It's a nice caliber and easy to conceal. Problem is, it is too small for some, someone jacked up on something it might not stop them. When I took my CCW class it was one of the calibers they suggest we didn't carry for that reason. Most people it would be effective.

I usually carry my 1911 .45 acp

Thanks guys. after I get my permit Im looking at the Springfield XD-S. Looks like an awesome carry pistol and its in .45.
i've been looking at getting one as well. i need to sell my springfield xd+m .40 before i do though lol the $600 price tag is still a little steep for me

Invest in some good personal protection ammo. There will be a lot of debate about what's best, so I'll start it off with what I use. Extreme Shock bullets that are made of basically powdered tungsten. I love their line... The compressed Tungsten-NyTrilium™ Composite fragments upon impact, leaving a wound channel of catastrophic proportions. It also rarely penetrates interior walls, so you don't have to be as worried about ricochets or bullets missing and punching through to other rooms. It's what I like. I'm sure there will be lots more opinions!

I have decided I am no longer willing to let the state of Illinois tell me I am not worth defending. So now I carry everyday, all day! My XD40 with a crossbreed supertuck. Only because I am not willing to risk losing my HK USP! I have taken the attitude that it is concealed, and I keep it that way, so far so good. The crime in our region has gotten way out of hand and I work in the areas hit the hardest!

I have decided I am no longer willing to let the state of Illinois tell me I am not worth defending. So now I carry everyday, all day! My XD40 with a crossbreed supertuck. Only because I am not willing to risk losing my HK USP! I have taken the attitude that it is concealed, and I keep it that way, so far so good. The crime in our region has gotten way out of hand and I work in the areas hit the hardest!

Isn't carrying in Illinois illegal?

Concealed carry is the way to go. It's just not worth the hassles of open carry. On a daily basis, I carry my Ruger SR40C, and, always in my Durango is my Hi Point 45.

In oklahoma if you carry in a resteraunt or store that has a no guns sign they just ask you to leave and go to the cops if they feel like filling out lots of paper work and sending it off and all that hassle so they typically just ask you to leave or get rid of the gun. However with open carry coming to us in november were going to see a change in the signs to say something like concealed carry only or something like that. Its because of the shooting in texas a few years ago. A man and his wife were eatingin a resteraunt and he left his gun in the truck like he was supposed to . A man came in and started shooting and killed his wife. He sued the resteraunt for taking away his right to bear arms and protect himself and wife. He won several million dollars and then said "this money wont bring my wife back and i dont even plan to keep it." He wanted them to know what taking away his rights did. He then started giving all the money away.

Carry my Springfield XD .45 almost every day, looks like a few of us have them, great gun.

I live in Indiana, I open carry my glock 23 most days. I do agree though, there are a lot of valid reasons to conceal carry, rather than open carry. It does put a target on your chest in some situations,

I run with my Kahr CM9 runners on the trails get shot and attacked its not robbery beacause who runs with money its just about violence to those attacking us. I also do it incase i get attacked by dog. So i have an ipod and my Kahr its lite and easy to handle as far as small guns go. When i have a suit on i carry my .45 Mr.Wilson. in shoulder holster and small 9 for secondary. I suggest comfort and easy to get to. What ever you buy put 500 through it before you carry it as protection (know your weapon and the best ammo for it) I rarley carry open because it scares people and gives element of suprise away. Make sure you practice pulling it unloaded so you are ready God forbid if something should happen. I dont leave mine in car unless its a goverment building. So some kid or idiot steal my gun out of the car or truck and kill someone with it. I have a car holster for driving. There really does need to be a national gun law not state its a right. I have gotten into fights carrying. Dont use it less you NEED it. Its not worth killing anyone over something petty or you will wont care about a month from now or a year. If a business says no guns i spend money else where. I take mine to the movies and mall incase there is a crazy trying to kill everyone etc. Iam not paraniod iam just aware that evil does happen to good people. JMO be a good Boyscout and always be preppared and kind. If you are a hothead be honest with yourself and wait till you get older and cool down. Take a gun class if you are not familiar with them.

-
Back