Who do I Talk to at Oregon Cam Grnders?

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
I tried to talk to someone today @ Oregon Cam Grinders about using 1" lifters & a more aggressive cam lobe profile for my \6.

The guy I talked to knew nothing about the concept.

If anyone knows who the \6 guru is over there please let me know.

The cam profiles he was quoting wre pretty dismal.

Ken. I don't think that they actually know anything about the 1" slant idea. That was Ed's idea (805MoparKid). Oregon was just where Ed was talking about getting the lifters from.

Erson makes some good grinds for the /6,if Oregon falls through for you.

After reading some more I think I might need a little more than 231 @ .050"

The 1559 grind 248/248 @ .050, .350 /.350 lobe lift .560/.560 gross valve lift @ 1.6 RAR might get my revs up W/peak HP in the high 5000s.

Might have to adjust gearing down to a 4.10 on 26" rubber. 3200 stal.

Also, I'm learning that the \6 like more duration on the intake unlike the Gen III Hemis that like more exhaust.

Given that I plan to spray, I think the equal patttern might work out well.

Grind #791 is the cam I have for my slant, with the exception that it's ground on a 105 LSA.

What's the talk of the "1 lifters??? Sounds super expensive. Some grinds need it or? ??

The 791 grind sounds right for me. I'd say the compression would have to be healthy for it to perform at it's peak though.

What's the talk of the "1 lifters??? Sounds super expensive. Some grinds need it or? ??

The 791 grind sounds right for me. I'd say the compression would have to be healthy for it to perform at it's peak though.

Just boring out 12 lifter bores to 1", not super expensive IMO.

It allows a bigger base circle and/or more aggressive opening ramp cam profile.

Heck of a way to run a business, ain't it?

BC

I have tried on and off for five straight years to get Erson and I never have gotten them to answer the phone. Not once.

-
Back