Who else ever felt this way?

-
I always enjoyed racing at Mason Dixon with the Slant 6 Guys & Gals.
Nothing but fun !!

And the reason why I stick with the/6 in my truck is that for what it cost for the v8 trans, the v8 radiator, the v8 mounts, the v8 exhaust, the truck oil pan and pickup tube that I didn't have to buy any of, gave me that extra money TO improve my/6 when I overhauled it.....
That is a very good point, but I already spent the money on all those things for the conversion, lol.:p

There is your answer...another car....multiples!!!!!
As much as I like this idea of another project, I need another car as a daily driver to replace my other car that was totaled by a semi truck.
Unless... I can daily drive an old A body Mopar.:steering:
Oh no! I'm getting ideas!

That is a very good point, but I already spent the money on all those things for the conversion, lol.:p

As much as I like this idea of another project, I need another car as a daily driver to replace my other car that was totaled by a semi truck.
Unless... I can daily drive an old A body Mopar.:steering:
Oh no! I'm getting ideas!
I have always lived in the country, but I have driven SB and slant Dusters to work many years, before I got old and retired! anywhere from 120 miles to 60 miles per day> This was back in the 90s, 2000s NOT in the 70s!!! But I worked outside, hot or cold, was fairly tough and cared less about stereo, AC and comfort! :BangHead: :thumbsup:

Most want something extra to happen when you mash the accelerator in a muscle car but any old engine performing smooth and perfect like when new is enjoyable. Not every body has Magnumitis.

I have a just under 30,000 mi 225 in my 64 2dr hardtop Fury. Most think it needs a V-8. I’m happy to ride in a comfy car that can do well in modern traffic

Wow! Got some good responses here. I have spent so much time to make the V8 swap goe in with as little hassle as possible, finding factory brackets and linkages, had the V8 A904 transmission rebuilt and other stuff. I've put in quite a bit of work to put the new a bit hotrodded motor together. But guess loving the charm of slowest engines sometimes is part of the car guy curse.

Maybe I should find another car, lol.
Same thing happened to me. I was going to swap the 6 in my 72 with a 318 and a 904. In the process of picking a combo to us, I found this nice 74 Duster nearby, so I drug them both home. Needless to say the swap never happened.
The other day after about 3 years, I pulled the Donnie outta the weeds, and when he fired up with the turn of the key I decided to stick with the 6.
1000001207.jpg
100e91ba-d981-4bd0-8d64-cf6ffefd44d3-1_all_269.jpg

And the reason why I stick with the/6 in my truck is that for what it cost for the v8 trans, the v8 radiator, the v8 mounts, the v8 exhaust, the truck oil pan and pickup tube that I didn't have to buy any of, gave me that extra money TO improve my/6 when I overhauled it.....
What he said...not to mention having the old motor and transmission laying around.

I'm glad I saw this, now I'm pumped up. I'm, in the process of replacing the leaking gas tank on my 6 with, a used on which ironically came with the 74, additionally it becomes more ironic as I put a new tank for the Demon, into the Duster...
The Demon came with a 2 barrel intake and Holley 4412 carb. I got a rebuild kit for it and want to find a nice air cleaner, headers and exhaust for it at Carlisle.

my valiant had a 318 magnum in it, pulled it out and put the slant back in. have had more fun with the slant. so much that I think Im going to look for another slant project at some point.

I share your Slant Sickness. My first Mopar was a 73 Duster, slant and 904 back in the early 80's. Wish I still had that one.

I have this one, all original slant and three-on-the-tree.

20160827_012447.jpg

Then there's this one in the truck, moderately improved slant, A833OD.

20180327_192234.jpg

Lastly is this one. It needs a LOT of work, and I have everything I need to drop in a 318 which would make it a sweet little sleeper as easy as falling out of bed. But I'm giving consideration now to making it a hot slant instead. Time will tell.

20220623_162428.jpg

Fear not to go down the slant rabbit hole. They are uber-cool, even if they mostly won't provide a beat-down on the street. I drive them because I like them.

Slam dunk! Get a cheap roller and have the runner and a project.

What's your General location?

I will keep the slant 6 after the swap, maybe do a refurb on it and put it in the next car in the future. I have too much invested now, but if a near perfect 67-73 Dart that only needs an engine and trans falls in my lap in the NY, NJ, CT or eastern PA area then I might consider that for the right price, lol.

-
Back