who has a Pre 67 A body ?

-
I own a 65 dart 270 orig slant six auto now 360 4brl and a 904 I would like to see a page dedicated to the pre 67 a body. You know for every thing that is the same there is one thing different. Well there is my vote great site by the way.

I have been though many A-body's, early and 2nd gen. I am currently down to just one 65 GT, 62,000 original miles, 273, AT,PS. Currently awaiting a 360! I do at times miss the later A-bodies simply for the fact it's easier to find parts and even though those cars don't have alote of engine space, they are much better then the earlier bodies. (as far as space) But I love the fact that people are really surprized to see an early A-body on the street.

Me too, here is my one of my A-bodies...

Dscf0002.jpg

I have a '63 wagon with a 360 4 spd. i think there are enough differences on the early cars to make a separate forum worthwhile

I see this area has already been created, thanks!

I have a '65 Barracuda Formula S and I know my car pretty well now. I know what's different about it from '67 up A-bodies. I'm not sure about a dedicated section, there already is a place you know...the Early Valiant and Barracuda Club - http://www.earlycuda.org or http://www.earlyvaliant.org Perhaps we should include early Darts?

We have a forum too, but it doesn't get much traffic at all, not sure why. Maybe because it's an older software package. http://www.enbcom.com/forum I've been trying to build up a Knowledge Base over there when I get time....

Yes, it's hard to sift through the '67 up A-body stuff looking for info on the early A-body. Everthing is different! You can't put a dash from a Duster into my Barracuda, or the steering column or the door lock or motor mount or door handle! You can't order a brake drum from a catalog or just put in headers at will. I'm not complaining, I love my car....but there is definitely a larger following for Darts, Swingers, Duster, Demons, etc.

Hey , I have lots of parts for that 65 Barracuda you just got. I parted out a whole bunch of them and kept just about everything. Lots of trim, glass,mechanical stuff,seats,a grill and ?

i own a 1966 dodge dart station wagon
slant six, with a 3 speed on the tree 7 1/4 rear end

it was a stocker i was going to build untill my fire :cwm10:

I've a '65 Dart. And yes. There are lots of differences from the '67's and up.

sig.jpg

Yes, Narrow body A bodies have some special things to take into consideration when restoring or modifing. It would be good to share info & sources. I have a 64 Barracuda 273 auto that I leave as stock & a 65 Barravuda 360 auto I play with. I've had & worked on A bodies since 1965 & enjoy them. At car shows & cruizes, if you park next to a Corvette your A body will get more looks.

I have 2 65 darts and I am buying a 66 'cuda. Both darts are /6s I am glad I found this site.

Here are a few pics ( I sold the Challenger )

challenger dart and honda looking at 724.jpg

65 dart.JPG

2darts.jpg

65 dart no FE  lt fr.jpg

65_dart_dash.jpg

Greg, if I had a buck for every "Mopar Expert" who tried to sell me a V-8 K-frame for one of the five early A-bodys I own, I'd be able to afford a 68 Hemi Dart or Cuda!! It would be clearing house for what stuff won't interchange between the "narrow" A and the 67 and up stuff. It would beat buying something you may not be able to use. (Oh, all A-bodys are the same.....) not quite. Ray, your Dart is WAY cool. RICK

valiantwagonguy said:
Hey , I have lots of parts for that 65 Barracuda you just got. I parted out a whole bunch of them and kept just about everything. Lots of trim, glass,mechanical stuff,seats,a grill and ?

Valiantwagon, I would be interested in what you got and would like to sale. Please e-mail me at [email protected]. Do you happen to have a spare trunk lid? Sorry for the late reply, been pretty busy lately. Haven't had much time to check in. Thanks in advance.

Larry G

Early "A"s are cool, but sure are hard to find parts for....I have a 66 Dart Wagon that has been in the family since 1965!!...I like tha front end ov the 66's better than the others, but at the same time makes it really hardf to find parts for...I am update'in my wagon, not restoring it...I have retained all stock sheet metal/frame rails etc, but have made as many "Comfort" changes as possible..A/C, PB, PS, etc,...The early A Wagons are few and far between, and bein the last of the Dart wagons juss makes me like it more...Herez a couple pics...one after the first re-do, and a couple of the rebuild in progress(only been in progress for 3 yeerz!!)..,.

SANCE66A.JPG

PC160494.JPG

PB130440.JPG

66wagon7.jpg

66-2.jpg

66-4.jpg

T-REX said:
Early "A"s are cool, but sure are hard to find parts for....I have a 66 Dart Wagon that has been in the family since 1965!!...I like tha front end ov the 66's better than the others, but at the same time makes it really hardf to find parts for...I am update'in my wagon, not restoring it...I have retained all stock sheet metal/frame rails etc, but have made as many "Comfort" changes as possible..A/C, PB, PS, etc,...The early A Wagons are few and far between, and bein the last of the Dart wagons juss makes me like it more...Herez a couple pics...one after the first re-do, and a couple of the rebuild in progress(only been in progress for 3 yeerz!!)..,.

That will be one nice wagon when you are done.

I am the proud owner of a 66 Barracuda 4-speed all matching with a 273. It is a work in progress. There is little doubt that parts are hard to come by for these early A-bodies. It seems the 66 Barracuda is especially difficult since there are so many unique parts to that year and model.

I have purchased most of my parts off of ebay, but hope to find more useful information and resources from you good people. It is true that these early years to not have nearly the popularity of the late 60's and early 70's Mopars, but I like it that way!

As to if there should be a seperate section, I do not know this site well enough yet to have an opinion. What I have seen so far is plenty of good info and a dedicated bunch of enthusiasts. Keep it up! :newb:

cuda pic.jpg

Very nice looking car. Thats my next acqusistion(hopefully), to get an early "A" and fix it up. I'm settle for a barracuda or a valiant. I just sold two 67 B-cudas,and the drive way looks kind of empty now. Again, nice car.
Dave C.

I hope the 66 barracuda I just bought looks as nice as the 64's and 66 above wow thouse are clean

well I have found that there is alot of differant things,wheel base, solid lift motors and glass but here on my 63 200 sig valiant hard top 225 with 904 trans has an externel trans filter,Can anyone help here,I blew the front seal and will need to put a filter on this trans when I repare it.and dont you like looking for those small bolt wheels

I vote yes keep the early a-body section. I just dropped a 440 in my 65 Dart 270, well didn't really drop more pushed, pulled, twisted, cut, crammed and eventually dropped it in. I'll post pics when I get the steering and exhaust done in a couple weeks.

Wow! a big wedge in a early A. Hold on to yourself when you throttle that bad boy! You got my vote. An early A body forum would be great.We all gotta' stick together. toolmanmike

-
Back