Who has best deal on carpet?

-

440-VS

Reaction score
I'm ready to order carpet for my '73 Duster. It will be black carpet, so I don't have to match a special color. On Ebay, I can order it for $139.00 delivered, from Auto Trim out of SC. Any better deals out there?

Thanks y'all for your help!

440-VS

not sure if everyone gets their carpet from the same supplier but my black carpet from auto trim faded pretty quick..... as in around 3 years :/

Thanks for that info DartThis. Car's kept inside, so fade might not be an issue for me, but I'll keep that in mind.

if your lookin for the pre molded stuff im not sure however if your just lookin for something on the cheap to get it carpeted the wal-mart by me sells rolls of auto carpeting that are cheap (like 60-100bucks) depending on what color and and how big the roll is. you just bring it home and cut to fit then you may still have some left over. just an idea.

if your lookin for the pre molded stuff im not sure however if your just lookin for something on the cheap to get it carpeted the wal-mart by me sells rolls of auto carpeting that are cheap (like 60-100bucks) depending on what color and and how big the roll is. you just bring it home and cut to fit then you may still have some left over. just an idea.

I bought a 6 x 8 outdoor carpet in a charcoal gray color from Lowe's for 20 bucks...

It's got a Wally rug in it now. Cheap-o even for me! I put it in to get me through the Garage-Mod and now it's time to upgrade a little. Is the molded carpet hard to work with?

no, just goes in and is molded to fit exactly where everything should. tranny tunnel and all.

i just got my 4-speed carpet in today from hardens, ans it was 159.00, but quality is good. this is not my first from them, and will not be the last. small family owned, nice service, and my last carpet help up great for years, even after i sold the car.

Thanks guys for the info. I plan to order it soon. I will look up Hardens and Dantes.

I see what your saying Scampy. I am using an aftermarket B&M shifter, and '03 Neon bucket seats, so I am going to order auto (on column) carpet and will have to cut-to-fit.

I'll let you know how it goes.

440-VS

I'm not sure of a good place to buy carpet but I can tell you that loop carpeting is the best. I had it installed by a local upholsterey shop in my Duster about 8 years ago and it seriously looks like it has 6 months of wear on it. The Duster has also been my only car this entire time as well so its not like it's just been sitting in a garage. It vacuums out almost perfectly every time.

I just bought a truck a couple weeks ago and it has that cheap premolded carpet in it. The owner just had it installed a couple months before I bought it. The stuff is like velcro and I have already put more wear on it than my Duster's carpet. You can't vacuum anything small out of it and the more you vacuum, the more it pulls the fibers up and loosens them. It's black carpeting and there are just little white specks of dirt all in it that will never come out.

It reminds me of Mazda carpeting when I used to detail cars, only worse.

Rock Auto sells Auto Custom Carpet which is what most people sell. Got mine for $119

I just bought an Auto Custom Carpets 80/20 loop carpet. I'm told this is the one to get although there is cheaper stuff out there. I guess it depends on your budget and what you want.

Great information! Thanks to everyone. I took it all into concideration and ordered from Stock Interiors. Nice people to talk to and they like A-Bodies! It should be here today, yes today! I'll let you know ( and see) how it goes.

440-VS

-
Back