Who has ordered a passon A-855 ?

-
I talked with Jamie Oct 8th. It seems the vent on the new transmissions is leaking gear oil. That didn't happen initially but it happens now. He has relocated the vent, changed the design of the vent and put a shroud around it with hopes that the leak will be eliminated and he is fairly confident it will. He'll be testing it in the next few days to see if they can proceed with production.

I can tell you for sure that the TKO 600 will not hold 600hp/600tq my buddy mustang with a World Product 427 small block 552hp/575tq destroyed the 600 with slicks. Tremic says it will hold up but it didn`t he had to have it rebuilt and switched to a Mcleod RST clutch and soft launch its holding up now hes looking for a Viper 6 speed.

Another wild goose chase. Jaime is a good guy and all.....talked to him myself. He's even a member here. But if ya ain't gonna put out when you say you're gonna put out.......

I talked with Jamie Oct 8th. It seems the vent on the new transmissions is leaking gear oil. That didn't happen initially but it happens now. He has relocated the vent, changed the design of the vent and put a shroud around it with hopes that the leak will be eliminated and he is fairly confident it will. He'll be testing it in the next few days to see if they can proceed with production.

that sucks.. it sounds like he wants that thing to be perfect when it is finally released. i'm glad to hear that. too many other places seem to just throw anything out on the market...

that being said. even if that thing came out tomorrow you would have to be nuts to drop all that cash on it for at least two years. let the guys that have to be first to own it work out all the bugs with it..

Any other tranny options end up close to the amount ask for a 855. Consider no modifications needed, worth the wait, Guy.

that sucks.. it sounds like he wants that thing to be perfect when it is finally released. i'm glad to hear that. too many other places seem to just throw anything out on the market...

that being said. even if that thing came out tomorrow you would have to be nuts to drop all that cash on it for at least two years. let the guys that have to be first to own it work out all the bugs with it..

X 2. Been on the bleeding edge of projects before. Good luck, Jamie.

X 2. Been on the bleeding edge of projects before. Good luck, Jamie.

Yep, nothing ever seems to go as quickly as you would like it to especially with with something almost too good to be true such as this....although in this case it's so good we just can't wait long enough for it to become true....does that make sense?

Only an honorable person would put out a product only after they've gone through several real world testing trials, even if it takes a few more months to make sure its 100% problem free so I'm willing to wait for the product to be perfected, the hype to quiet down and hopefully for the price to come down.....that's a lot of money for an extra gear.

Now along those lines...has spaghetti engineering ever perfected the 67 barracuda LED tail light kits.

Jamie is in production on these now. He's assembling a few per week. The vent leak has been cured. Unfortunately for us early a-body guys a different speedometer adapter is required and that isn't being manufactured yet. So, once again, the early-a owners are red headed stepchildren. The rest of you guys can bolt in a five speed with no modifications!!!

Well that would of been a two year wait since my name was on the list and still nothing sorry Jamie but I had to go with the automatic good luck with the trans and will see you and your dad at the nats hopefully with the
My buddy still us on the list we will see when his number comes up it is a sweet looking trans I do have to admit but not fir thus car no more maybe the next build

Jamie started shipping "production" A855 transmissions about a year ago. He had shipped a few prior to October but what was claimed "production" began about the end of October. Does anyone know what number he has shipped to this point, a year later? I think he's in the low 40s but don't know for sure.

-
Back