Who is your favorite "bolt kit" vendor?

-

cgfen

Reaction score
I've been away for a l o n g time, but used to have good luck with Mr G for interior fasteners so will probably stick with them unless people tell me they have gone down hill

I'm looking to source fasteners for body attachement;
  • door hinges
  • fenders splash shields
  • hood hinge to hood

that kind of stuff

vendors i've found include
  • Year 1
  • US Car Tool
  • MMS Accessories
  • MOPAR parts mix

Most seem to sell "big kits" but with little description of what is included (year 1)
or
small discrete kits which clearly describe what you are getting but charge $40 - $50 for single application (US Car Tool fender installation kit)

Please tell me who you use

Thanks

Craig

I go to the junk yard with an empty coffee can, and get OEM Mopar bolts from trucks and K platform cars.

They usually charge $5 for a full can.

In fact, that's the reason I can't bring myself to scrap either of may parts cars, At up to $5 for two or three bolts at Lowes (or MUCH more from the places listed above), I can't afford to get $50 for the hulk and throw away $200 in bolts and fasteners.

I sell fasteners. Single or whole packages. All OEM, no China mystery metal

I go to the junk yard with an empty coffee can, and get OEM Mopar bolts from trucks and K platform cars.

They usually charge $5 for a full can.

In fact, that's the reason I can't bring myself to scrap either of may parts cars, At up to $5 for two or three bolts at Lowes (or MUCH more from the places listed above), I can't afford to get $50 for the hulk and throw away $200 in bolts and fasteners.

nothing beats O.E. bolts IMO.

Thanks for the replies.

Sadly, not many user accessible junk yards left here in So Cal.

Cheers

-
Back