Who just bought one of these?

-
Nope. Eagle kit for $1149 Item # 270317482933

This auction is SB MOPAR 360/408 STROKER EAGLE CRANK RODS ROSS PISTONS, Complete Rotating assembly!! This auction Includes all new parts!! This is an INTERNAL Balance crank.

NOTE: Even though a crank is made to be internally balanced all assembles still need to be balanced based upon the different weights of rods and pistons.

* Eagle ESP Cast/Steel 4.000" Stroke Crankshaft (Internal Balance) part # 103604000
* Eagle 6.123" 5140 steel SIR (Full float bushed) rods with ARP bolts Part # (SIR6123CB)
* ROSS part # 99787 -21cc DISH (FORGED) PISTONS .030, pistons 10.5:1 comp w/58cc 10:1 comp w/62cc head, or 9.5:1 with a 68 cc head (((OR))) ......
* ROSS part # 99789 4cc DOME (FORGED) PISTONS .030, pistons 13:1 comp w/62cc head, or 12.5:1 with a 68 cc head
* NOTE: These pistons will work with Mopar OPEN and CLOSED chamber, Edelbrock and Indy heads! Premium Moly Ring Set
* MS963P Clevite 77 Main bearings
* CB481P Clevite 77 Rod bearings
* This kit is an INTERNAL balance, this does not require the damper, flexplate, or flywheel to be balanced. Balancing is an additional $130.00
* Note: You will need to use a neutral damper and flexplate/flywheel with this kit.

The only thing I might be worried about with it is the cast crank. It is only my opinion, but with a stroker it is not hard to get over 500 HP with big torque and I just don't trust a cast crank past there.

Jack

Good to know, but I won't be building that much motor.

Like I said...not that much motor. If I use that kit, I'll be using the 99787 pistons with a set of unported 60779 heads and a Voodoo 60403 cam. It should be healthy enough to keep me happy, but not radical enough to be problematic.

Right on, not trying to put the fear in anyone, just spreading the word.
Maybe if you wanted you could opt for a nodular iron or forged.
Just a thought.

I have several cast crank 4"ers over 500hp, one at 550 plus 150 shot on cast cranks. I don't think it's the best for real long life, but they will survive decently if the car is a street/strip effort. Remember they are a better material and have a good radius on them. It's not like a factory cast crank. The SIR rods are nothing I'd use (just my opinion, I run stokers redone w/ARP bolts, or H beams), but the cast cranks are usually pretty good in terms of finish, and good past 500hp when internally balanced and good machining. IMO anyway.

I've been looking at them for quite a while. I will probably pay the extra $600 and get the forged crank and h beam rods.

Don't know why it won't let us post the whole ebay link, but it is item # 370133996859

The cast crank should be fine..its the Eagle rods i'd be wary of..i found out first hand what they could'nt handle,in my 416 making 520h.p.,they'll be replaced with a much more quality rod when the stroker goes back together..

-
Back