who knows 4 speeds?

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
what's it take to put a lower 1st gear in my 833? how will it effect my 1st to second gear shift. Do you lose a lot of rpm?

Hey Brett .. I would get a hold of the best in the business when it comes to A-833 stuff. http://www.passonperformance.com

Are you having problems with traction now? If so, I would try and get the chassis working good before going to a numerically higher first gear. What does your b'cuda 60 foot ?

Chris

best 60 ft was 1.74, not because of spinning but because the motor lays over when tires grab. The cam and heads don't like to be lugged. I can tune some of it out but I need a little more help. My motor starts making TQ at 4000 rpms. I have the best tranny guy in this area checking into this for me, I'll know something today.

Two things, first there were some 273/slant six trannys (not those O/D units mind you) with a 3.09 first gear. I had one in my car, it worked fine but it's just too brutal. Secondly if it's bogging you need to launch at wide open throttle. Do you have a rev limiter on it? Set it up about 200 rpm's above your shift speed and below your max engine rpm and that's what you leave at. This will probably break parts, but then where would the fun be in not breaking something now and then?

Guitar Jones said:
This will probably break parts, but then where would the fun be in not breaking something now and then?

Oh .. one part that comes to mind Brett .. the 8.75"out back! :shock: :scratch:

I am actually surprised it lasted this long with a 4 speed ..no wonder you baby it outta the hole! :D

Did I mention I was having a sale on D60's? lol .. just teasing ya brett .. that b'cuda is killer bro!

:afro:

I might be mistaken but I thought Brett put a Dana 60 under there. That is where I was with my car, either a 60 had to go in or an automatic. I went for the auto.

-
Back