WHO KNOWS STROKER MOTORS ?

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Bought a 408. Im taking the guys word for it. I did hear it run & it sounds really good. I would think that if your going to build something like that would have it internally balanced. Not sure if this is. It has a externally balancer on it. I am going to put all new gaskets on it. When I have the heads & oil pan off is there a way to see if it is a stroker ?

Internal balanced the crank will have holes drilled into the counter weight or have some metal added to the holes for balance.

cast stroker, which is fine and waht most are, will be externally balanced unles $$$$$
are weights on converter or using M and M type adapter with weigh so you can use a neutral balanced converter
does not matter till you want to change converters then would be nice to know the balance details/ bob weights etc

Ran an externally balance stroker for years. Until started running 10.30’ 10.30’s in a heavy A body and the crank( Eagle) broke

Running a cast Scat stroker to 6400 rpm for 900 passes and a bunch/60,000 of street miles. Like stated above. Pull the pan and check who made the crank. Eagle cast is questionable and I would be nervous approaching 400 hp.

-
Back