Who owns the 68 Plymouth Barracuda Super Stock mule car ?

-
The car went back to Woodward garage and returned to the condition it was when they had it originally. A doner car was supplied and the whole chassis was cut out and replaced.

Thought the WWG was already gone by then??
Donor car supplied? How bad was the original car?

I am pretty sure the car was tubbed and had a four link under it!!

are you talking about the restoration of it to its current condition ?

Or something done in late 60’s?

not following what you mean back to Woodward Garage

are you talking about the restoration of it to its current condition ?

Or something done in late 60’s?

not following what you mean back to Woodward Garage
Tony Supa Supa sold the car to a guy in Arizona in 1985, He told me they sent the car back to Woodward garage at the time was still in business and they put the car back to the way it was originally. Not sure who painted the car that its showing now. Sorry that's all the info I have! He told me that the guy that owned when it was in Michigan called him and ask him to come and verify that it was his old car and he did. Hope that helps?

Tony Supa Supa sold the car to a guy in Arizona in 1985, He told me they sent the car back to Woodward garage at the time was still in business and they put the car back to the way it was originally. Not sure who painted the car that its showing now. Sorry that's all the info I have! He told me that the guy that owned when it was in Michigan called him and ask him to come and verify that it was his old car and he did. Hope that helps?

It was restored in AZ for a collection owned by a lawyer Pat Magruder. Not sure who has it now.

Not sure Woodward Garage was going in 1985.? Greg might/should know??

Bob Tarozzi went to AZ to verify the car. He told me he was able to positively ID it. And it was repainted with the original paint codes notes and sketch he made in 67/68 which he had (I own now).

It was restored in AZ for a collection owned by a lawyer Pat Magruder. Not sure who has it now.

Not sure Woodward Garage was going in 1985.? Greg might/should know??

Bob Tarozzi went to AZ to verify the car. He told me he was able to positively ID it. And it was repainted with the original paint codes notes and sketch he made in 67/68 which he had (I own now).

I'll ask folks that were there.

I asked Bill Hancock.
He said WWG closed on September 16th., 1969.

Chrysler support was pulled from all racing programs in 1979.

I asked Bill Hancock.
He said WWG closed on September 16th., 1969.

Chrysler support was pulled from all racing programs in 1979.

1979 seems to go with the letters/memos I have sent from Tom Hoover.

There was a turbo project on all production engines after that it seems that.

The Mule car was restored in Arizona. They had consultation from people that worked at Woodward garage. At least Bob Tarozzi that was flown out to see the car in person.

Larry Shepard just emailed me and concurred with
Bill Hancock’s recollection.
Larry worked at WWG in 1968 as a student engineer!

Larry Shepard just emailed me and concurred with
Bill Hancock’s recollection.
Larry worked at WWG in 1968 as a student engineer!

I see Larry and Bill cc’d on memo’s in the early to mid 70’s I have.

Can’t remember if they are cc’d in 66-68 docs I have.

I can’t see a student engineer being cc’d !!!

later memo’s in 70’s to Larry.

Tarozzi got to go into special projects right out of CIE. But I think he was older and more experienced that most going into CIE. He got to do cool stuff immediately.

Last edited:
1976 in reference to Direct Connection catalog I believe

54641E71-D100-4E97-A0B7-A3F2C3D8AB63.jpeg

Last edited:
In 1978 you see things being focused on production and economy stuff.

Turbo /6 truck !

01A022DA-C1C0-4D2F-9D87-7EBDA16FB34E.jpeg

A7F029EF-1E54-4D43-8880-FB809D57B4FB.jpeg

Last edited:
I worked on Press Preview cars at Highland Park Engineering in the 80s.
All the lab supplied parts had numbers. Most were etched on.
We'd track them. Same goes for durability testing.
Had a visit from Tony Supa today,Got the full scoop on the mule car....

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Any info to add from when Tony had/got it?
Yes, When I met tony 20 years ago he told me the story of the history of the car. Since I made a couple errors in the description of what happened to the car after Tony sold it I called him to get a refresher on what happened to the car. Tony brought over his portfolio and multiple pics of his racing days. After 2 hours and many questions here is how it went. Tony bought the car in 1969 from Vanke and proceeded to make it his own. Tony ran the car mainly on the east cost and traveled as far as Indy where he made it to the class final one year and was runner up. He raced the car until 74 and parked the car in the garage until 85. Vanke contacted him about selling the car to Magruder, which he did. Vanke came and picked up the car and took it back to his shop where he proceeded to put the car back to the way he got it from Chrysler. Vanke took out the 10pt cage, removed the dana and 4 link and wheels tubs. Had his painter paint the car the way it was when Chrysler gave it to him and shipped it to Arizona. Magruder did not like the paint job and had the car repainted in Arizona. Tony got the car to run 10 o with a I think he said a Ken Montgomery motor at one point during his ownership. It was an incredible day again picking his brain and he gave me a die cast car and the sweet picture. Tony's street version 68 fastback has been finished for 8 years living in a rented garage, he had multiple problems with the cross ram carbs the he put on the 440 motor that's in the car so he parked it. He told me this is the year he is getting it on the road. I will try in get a pic of the car and post it...

Awesome feeling to be able to make an adult feel like a kid again.
MAPS

-
Back