Who says you can get a title through broadway???????????????????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
YEA it is a joke!. before you even get to fill out the form, they tell you all these states that you cannot get a title through them, then, about 20 paragraphs full of bullshit. there may be 5 % that would be able to get a title.

anf the funny part is, it cannot be a car that is in need of a restoration???? WTF???????????????? who in their right mind would put 20 large into a car before they know if they can get title????????????? not me.

sorry for the rant.

anyone have a clue how to get a title for a 72 twister in the state of va??????????????????

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 490
Forge one. Seriously, in Georgia, if you don't have a title, you cannot get one. PERIOD. And, if you have one, even if it's an original where the previous titled owner has signed it over to you, all you can get in your name is a replacement title. And it says in big bold letters accross the top "REPLACEMENT TITLE". They are just making it harder and harder to keep older cars on the road. Little by little.

so here is the story, and i have all forms to boot, but not one of the knuckleheads ever went through putting it in their name. old man owned it, died. left to son. son sold it with bill of sale and a death certificate. i bought from that guy.lol

F...ed up that is some of the stupidest **** I have ever read F*#K those goverment A$$ H@LE$ better to destroy a piece of history than try and save it?

yea, i had this problem with a high option 340 duster a few months ago, and wounde up parting it, cause it is so frustrating. but this one i will not part.

I have a few vehicles I have been putting off getting titled so this really pisses me off

yea, i see you are in pa, and they do not offer titles there either.

and if you call motor veh., they will give you no prior owners names'

I have no clue about how it is there......you might try your local DMV.

va says if you have no title from prior owner, then you cannot get one

fortunately PA is not on the list of states that cant get titles, they just keep making it more of a pain in the *** to get one so I keep putting it off and they keep making it harder so I keep putting it off AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH vicious cycle

Looks like you are hosed again. May as well part this one out too.
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that 340 duster was rotted to death. this one has two rust spots in it. on of the most solid cars for the age. considering it is from this area. spent its whole life in nc. even the trunk extentions are completely rust free

Buy a rusted out hunk of crap with a title..........and make one car and one title. I know, I know........but what the heck else ya do if he's already bought the car.

Get a buddy with a business to put a storage lien on it for waaaaaay more than it's worth. Works in Oregon at least.

Find a Buddy in PA! I got a title from a VA dart through Broadway. It went smooth. I have recommended them to friends. So maybe I need to get that title for my 37 coupe.

so here is the story, and i have all forms to boot, but not one of the knuckleheads ever went through putting it in their name. old man owned it, died. left to son. son sold it with bill of sale and a death certificate. i bought from that guy.lol

The reason you can't get a title is because every time the car transferred ownership, that person OWED TAXES on it. It's not the states fault (yes it is, but that's another argument) it's the dumb asses who were too cheap or stupid to get the title transferred to their name.

When I bought my 64, the seller stated "clear title". When the car got delivered, I opened the packet of paper work that he put in the car, sure it had a clear title, that was signed over to someone 21 years ago, and never put in the new owners name. And there were 4 "bills of sale", the last being to me. I called this a-hole and confronted him on the lie he told me about the clear title, his response, "call your state and tell them the car was abandoned." Not that easy, sport.

The car had left North Carolina many years before, and was never titled in New Mexico, which is where I bought it from, and it changed hands 3 times out there.

Well, to make a long story longer, I researched the guy who had owned it in N.C. Did some google searches, actually found the guy and called him. He was happy as **** to know the car hadn't been crushed and melted down, even got nostalgic when I emailed him some pics. He gave me a history of the car from 1966 thru 1989, and how it came to have the 340 and not the original 273, and what car the 340 came out of.

I had done my homework, and knew that in NC the car was still in his name, sooooooo, he applied for a "lost title" and when it came in, he signed it over to me and sent it to me where I got a clear Pa title with no hassles whatsoever. I paid all of his expenses involved, and threw in $100 of gift cards to the restaurants he had said he liked when I asked him.

FF

340 plot get a storage lien as stated above. Do you know anyone in the tow business? My buddy has done this for me a few times. Works everytime. List car as an abandonded car , wait 30 days, get paperwork from tow company, walla title.

First try going back to the son in NC with some type if incentive, cash, gift card etc. Pay his fees, get him to get the title. That is the best route. You can ask a local garage about an abandoned vehicle title, not easy You could check with surrounding states to see if it's possible there. If it is go to a town and open a post office box then run the paperwork through that state first, then transfer to your state.

Years ago I was able to get a title by presenting a bill of sale and a death certificate from the original Alabama owner. I don't know if your state works that way but it might be worth a try.

First try going back to the son in NC with some type if incentive, cash, gift card etc. Pay his fees, get him to get the title. That is the best route. You can ask a local garage about an abandoned vehicle title, not easy You could check with surrounding states to see if it's possible there. If it is go to a town and open a post office box then run the paperwork through that state first, then transfer to your state.

Don't think you can do the PO Box thing any more. I have a PO Box & just this month received a form from the Post Office where everybody who is 18 or older that receives mail at a PO Box has to come to the Post Office & show photo ID & I'm pretty sure it also required you to show proof of street address. Just another PITA in the war against terrorism.

Storage or mechanics lien is possibility, but it will take some time. To get the lien the shop has to make one or more tried to last titled owner, via certified mail, etc. Last I knew it was a 45-60 day process, at minimum.

-
Back