Who sells dash paint?

-

cruzer71

Reaction score
i have a 69 barracuda i'm restoring and can't find anyone that sells dash paint. The color is bayou green in a flat finish. I went to 3 local paint shops, and none of them could mix the paint in a flat finish.
Please help thanks:tard:

we have KC mix it up but in black... its called "jewel black"

you can call KC auto paint in Phoenix and maybe they can mix it for you...

(602) 482-2536

If you have the paint code I would imagine that any painters supply can mix you up some paint. At least that's all I had to do for my dash frame. Vinyl paint may be different though.

I took my glove box door off and took it to the local Sherwin Williams automotive paint supply place. We looked through some paint samples and found something very close to the original color (mines blue) and he mixed it and added a flattening agent to the paint, and then put it in spray cans for me. It came out perfect.

Dont know why your paint place couldnt do it in flat finish for you, its simply mixing in another ingredient when they mix it.

Good luck

I had my local PPG place mix up the paint interior paint code in base and activated it but did not clear it. It has been on there for over 9 years and shows no signs of deterioration and is very durable.

Get your paint store to add the flattening additive to your paint. It will work. I did it for my interior parts. Keep the rest of the formula as is (including the metallic). Don't be skimpy on the additive or it will be more satin than flat.

Look at this picture of my kickpanel. The grille has flattening additive, the panel is the original gloss without the additive. Same formula otherwise.
kickpanel.jpg

Here is my side panel with the additive. (Too bad this panel ended up covered with carpet.)
panelgrill.jpg

-
Back