Who sells Gen 2 Hemi engines these days?

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to get started on the restoration of my cuda. Im cloning a 74 to a 71. I was originally going to do a stroked 340 with a 6 pack but now im seriously leaning towards doing a hemi. I want it to appear mostly stock and run on pump gas. I will also be running a shaker hood.
So far im considering Ray Barton. I also came across forhemisonly.com the other day and have read positive comments about them.
It appears that Mopar is no longer making any crate engines except the modern stuff, is this correct? Any other reputable Gen 2 hemi builders out there?

Im getting ready to get started on the restoration of my cuda. Im cloning a 74 to a 71. I was originally going to do a stroked 340 with a 6 pack but now im seriously leaning towards doing a hemi. I want it to appear mostly stock and run on pump gas. I will also be running a shaker hood.
So far im considering Ray Barton. I also came across forhemisonly.com the other day and have read positive comments about them.
It appears that Mopar is no longer making any crate engines except the modern stuff, is this correct? Any other reputable Gen 2 hemi builders out there?

Should be a lot , keep looking!
To me hemis are way easier to build than a big wedge , especially the valve train , other than that , not a whole lot of diff.
Hope u got deep pockets !.

Indy Cylinder Heads. They always had bad customer service and were a pain in the *** to deal with, but the company has new owners now. Much better to deal with. Wide variety of Gen II to chose from and will custom build.

Best Machine in Detroit. Check out their Facebook page.

ich has a lot of stuff coming out now. quality top drawer stuff. the wheatcraft crew have saved an intricate part of out hobby. almost everyday,they show different things that have been done/finished or built. good people. i know chris from monster mopar days at gateway in madison,il. they have a vision. russ and the clown show are no longer there. so if you call, you won't get the mf treatment. only costs a phone call.

Im going to check with Ray Barton and Keith Black first and go from there. Im figuring 25-30K for the complete engine and probably another 10k for everything else to bolt it in the car.
If im going to clone a 71 I may as well do it right.

Bob George Racing, Eighty Four, PA, just south of Pittsburg. If I was having one built, they would be the ones. Great guys to deal with.

-
Back