Who was making ignition insulator on valve cover

-
If you're saying yours are factory with 2 different insulators, then the "line person" was drunk which is quite possible, or they ran out of matched sets.
Yep. SOmething is messed up there. I have never seen 2 different kinds on the same engine. They are both one or the other depending on the year.

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that's the way it came.

I had an old timer tell me that my matching (2 wire per insulator) replacements was not correct for 67.

The 4 individuals from my car are the same color as the ones in the photo I posted (dirty white)

How about the mid wire insulators....

One is square (one wire in each corner) and one is 4 wide!

The single round insulators fit into the round openings of the rectangular tabs on the valve covers
I agree with that. But for $10 a set I can live with them. What I do like is that they are meatier than the barrel style for drilling out for 8mm wires.

Last edited:
Or by design....

Screenshot_20231012-123135.png

Lol yes correct 2bl insulators=2bl air breather, by design. OR I guess we can start another mopar myth?

Last edited:
Yet another example of asynchronous insulators.

Single rounds on driver's side and 2 doubles on pass side.

PXL_20231021_181148861.jpg

PXL_20231021_181141258.jpg

PXL_20231021_181145221.jpg

That's because both are 67 273s.

Op was asking about 68.

I chimed in with the 67 covers because they might have been the same in 68 but others had called BS about the 67 having two different types of insulators.

So I posted the second pic of the car that just arrived in my garage today with the same insulators as I was talking about.

It's all good.

-
Back