who wrenches on your car?

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
how many people work on their mopar?hopefully we here at a bodies only are wrenching on their own vehicles.I am the only one that works on my cars,ever.however many mopar owners around here pay to keep their cars running.I also do repairs on many cars around my town.there is nothing like planning,building and racing your hot rod when you did all yourself.sorry about all you guys that live where you cant work aView attachment main seal repair 032.jpgll year .we are very lucky to be on the west coast where it's warm enough to be outside working into the night.

Just me. And sometimes my friend Bud............weiser.:drinkers:

You california guys and your fancy shop footwear. LOL jk

I do most of the work on mine, my dad usually sits in the garage with the door open throwing the frisbee with the dog, and my brother helps sometimes

my lady helps me if i need a hand.she wants to run the car too. makes for a very happy mopar hobby.and relationship.

I do everything that i can.
Obviously i can't do machining, tires, or wheel alignments, but i do everything else.

Building the new motor...

Attachments

• 1_1_11Sm05.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 2_4_11Sm05.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Copy of PICT3592.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 271
:argue:I do all my own work . When I need help , the woman is usually right there . I think I taught her too well . She knows more than I do now !!!

We do everything in-house here. Paint and body work is performed by contract employees under my direction in adjoining space. Everything else, including upholstery is done right here.

2 things that another man should not touch....another man's car, and his women. In that order!

All by myself most of the time..........
Just like when I was Drinkin! Can barely get along with myself! :argue: haaa

I do everything that I have the tools to do the work with. Bought a MIG and looking forward to learning how to use it so I can weld (within my capabilities).
Have built my own 340 in the past and looking forward to diving into my current 360.
Some things just have to be farmed out because of either the lack of proper tools or experience. Willing to learn everything but some tools just aren't in the budget.

For the most part just me. I do get help some times from my wife or dad when I need it. Stuff like paint and body work I don't do though.

I do it all myself except transmissions and alignments can't afford anyone else to do it. Teaching my boys how to do their own repairs also that gets expensive when you have to depend on others to fix stuff.

alright those shoes are comfortable,and i was too lazy to put on my normal shoes.its called relaxed,stressless wrenching.lol time to get back outside and work on the car.
paid to look foolish,so you can look smart....

alright those shoes are comfortable,and i was too lazy to put on my normal shoes.its called relaxed,stressless wrenching.lol time to get back outside and work on the car.
paid to look foolish,so you can look smart....

Yep I got some shoes just like them I call them Japanese go-aheads just don't try to back up.

I am the only mechanic for all of my vehicles, wouldn't have it any other way. The newer cars are going to make it harder to be your own mechanic, though.

Just me. And sometimes my friend Bud............weiser.:drinkers:

Same here, or if it gets real nasty I let the young guns here on the hill do the dirty work, and they can make a few $.

Attachments

• i12240.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 910%204%20offy%20777777777%20058.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 127
All of it myself. Any time I take a vehicle to a mech,there is some sort of rippof to me involved. That pattern started when I was 15 or so and my 70 Merc Cougar needed new shocks.Ended up with a bill over $550 and my Mom bailed me out. NOBODY touched my stuff but me after that.

The only thing I've let a mech do since is AC and he fugged it up so bad it still doesnt work.Im still out $2500.

Do 90% myself, always have. Don't do paint work anymore though

I turn ALL the wrenches on all 3 of my vehicles. I recently tried my hand at painting. The painting turned out really nice on my doors. However I really am not good at body work so when the time and cash comes around, i will be sending the car off to a Bodyman to do the work.

-
Back