Whoa tire prices...

-

stroked 340

Banned
Reaction score
Man, i just checked to see what the current price is for m/t drag radials, i was paying 166.00 each last year with free shipping.. current price is 182.00 from Mccormack tire plus 20.00 shipping it use to be free,and Summit is getting 190.00 plus 9.00 extra charge on each tire, on top of the 12.95 handling charge....wow....

Yea, we sell tires and the price went up 15-20% across the board. They blame it on oil prices, but when fuel goes down the prices stay the same. Then you have people that are uneducated on tires buying El-CHEAP-O china tires for their cars at 1/3rd the price. Why don't they realize that they are increasing the prices on the USA made products when they do so. If the companies doesn't raise the prices then they lay more workers off or worse yet..... they shut the entire plant down like cooper. Sorry for the rant:angry7:

I just bought two hoosiers that were $213.95 each, mccormack wanted $225.oo each plus a special handing surcharge $10.00 each tire.
Summit got the order took 12 days to get here.

How do you even know where they're made these days? I read that Bridgestone was Japanese or Chinese or something. Sounds British to me.

was lookinf for some 235/60/14 for my Cragers. I was toled the only company that makes them is BFG radial T/A and that is fine but they want $120 a tire. I miss the days of 4 for 100 bucks or so.

I took McCormack's price to Discount tire when I bought mine snd they beat it. Plus no shipping charges either.

was lookinf for some 235/60/14 for my Cragers. I was toled the only company that makes them is BFG radial T/A and that is fine but they want $120 a tire. I miss the days of 4 for 100 bucks or so.

Uniroyal still has the Tiger paws avail.$80.00.Also theres a Republic(made by
Good Year) ultra radial for $58.00 but going obsolete if you can find them.They are both white letter.

does anybody know anything about M and H tires....just heard of them today for the first time and they look pretty good...anybody here using them, and with what results?

Cooper makes one that size...
Cobra_radial_GT.jpg

http://www.coopertires.com/html/pro...cobra_gt&search=bySize&twtd=235&artw=60&rd=14

-
Back