Whohere lives in Wa state ?

-

CHEATHAM

Reaction score
I was wondering bacause i been applying for aviation jobs up in that state. tell me the goods and bads. ive heard it a nice state and people are friendly and much cooler year around

What part of Washington? I live 40 miles west of Spokane. Not a bad place to live. Temps in the summer are nothing compared to AZ....

I was wondering bacause i been applying for aviation jobs up in that state. tell me the goods and bads. ive heard it a nice state and people are friendly and much cooler year around

I love it here, myself. I could use a little more summer, but at least it isn't 100% humidity when it gets hot. The winter's are kind of up and down, last year I never even shovelled, the year before I ran out of places to put the snow. Got to the point I couldn't throw it high enough to get it to the top of the pile.

Truth be told, the state is kind of bi-polar. The west side has the most residents, and is much more liberal, the east side of the state is much more conservative. Because the west side carries the votes (most of the time), the east side is typically ignored. Taxes are pretty high (they just added a tax to candy, gum and bottled water), just praying that the talk of an income tax doesn't pan out. Right now, pretty sure we are pretty close to the top of the most taxed states.

What part of Washington? I live 40 miles west of Spokane. Not a bad place to live. Temps in the summer are nothing compared to AZ....

You live 40 miles west of Spokane?!?!? I'm in Davenport, where are you?

Near mile marker 31 on 291, not to far from the lake.

Near mile marker 31 on 291, not to far from the lake.

my old man grew up in Sprague. that ole building with the bull durham sign on the back was my grandads mercantile. the hertrich and moylan building. isn't sprague about 40 clicks west from spokane??

my old man grew up in Sprague. that ole building with the bull durham sign on the back was my grandads mercantile. the hertrich and moylan building. isn't sprague about 40 clicks west from spokane??
Give or take a few......

I'm in the Seattle area, (South end, Seatac actually). If you like the more desert climate, move to the East side of the state. If you like it cooler and green and don't mind rain, the West side is beautiful but also lots of people.... good and bad people (probably like anywhere).

.... good and bad people (probably like anywhere).

True.

Sprague is sothwest of Spokane, just off I-90. Davenport is almost directly west of downtown Spokane on SR-2, inkjunkie would be west of the north end of Spokane. All within about 20-25 miles, as the crow flies.

From Gig Harbor (near Tacoma). Great place to live, pretty laid back. Aviation jobs come and go...mostly go over seas. Pretty expensive to live here. Lots of old cars still on the road and laying all over the place.

Hey, do you work for Bell? I am a 58SP in KY.

Jason
No im not working at all rt now, use to work for L-3 Vertex here in Corpus, been putting online apps to L 3 and Boeing, Im really tired of the 85%humidity + 92 deg temp =102 heat indexs, iknow L3 is located in Whidbey Island and Boeing looks to be spread throught Wa. Ive worked for aviation FBOs but they dont pay much for a line tech or fueler. It just depends who will hire me thats where im going, i need to work and need income. Thnx guys for some of the info any more info is welcomed.

I am in Lynnwood Wa, Just north of Seattle. What kind of avaiation job are you looking at small FBO or Boeing? I worked at Boeing and McDonnell Douglas when they were still around, in Long Beach Ca. Personally, i wouldnt go back, too unstable. We are pretty laid back, and like our coffee.
Lots of rain in the winter if you can deal with grey 70% of the time, its not "always raining" like the tourists say it does. June has always been a rainy month and summer doesnt start till the 5th of July.

Been thinking of relocating back to the great northwet. been here 23 yrs. and although the climate agrees with me its getting pretty pricey to live here. haven't decided where i'll land but i'm looking at the vancouver/ washougal area currently, real estate seems pretty reasonable there, don't know about jobs though. anyone from that area that can give me the pulse?

I am in Lynnwood Wa, Just north of Seattle. What kind of avaiation job are you looking at small FBO or Boeing? I worked at Boeing and McDonnell Douglas when they were still around, in Long Beach Ca. Personally, i wouldnt go back, too unstable. We are pretty laid back, and like our coffee.
Lots of rain in the winter if you can deal with grey 70% of the time, its not "always raining" like the tourists say it does. June has always been a rainy month and summer doesnt start till the 5th of July.
My last job was with signature flight support, got laid off, i dont have an A&P yet but did some maintanance, worked as a aircraft servicer for L3. who do you work for? i know our fbo was pretty laid back at times too, military kept us the most busy with fueling, we handled charters and comercial a/c fueling and of course G.A. handling your company hiring?

I actually dont work in aerospace any more. I did work at Tramco (BF Goodrich Aerospace now) up at Paine Field in Everett. And I worked at FlightCraft and Wings Aloft on Boeing Field a while ago. There is always some FBO hiring down there.

Put a engine on Larry Gordons (of Larry Gordon Trucking) Gulfstream when i was working there. He took me and my buddy to Park City for the weekend for getting it done on time.

I actually dont work in aerospace any more. I did work at Tramco (BF Goodrich Aerospace now) up at Paine Field in Everett. And I worked at FlightCraft and Wings Aloft on Boeing Field a while ago. There is always some FBO hiring down there.

Put a engine on Larry Gordons (of Larry Gordon Trucking) Gulfstream when i was working there. He took me and my buddy to Park City for the weekend for getting it done on time.
may i ask what the fbos are paying up there?

-
Back