Who's #2?

-
I'd have to go with the 1969 AMC SC/ Rambler. Make mine in red, white and blue. Also maybe an 65 or 66 Ford Falcon or Mercury Comet.

Can I just pick a Year?? 1967... Chevy II, Mustang, GTO, Chevelle, (my Dart, use to have a Belvedere II)... What a great year for so many cars...

If I had to choose a second brand it would be Subaru. I know, I know, but I have a WRX, my wife drives a Outback Sport. AWD for the snow, and a turbo when it is time to get motivated.

When I think of cars that would be cool and I get to the end of the Mopars the first thing that comes to mind would be a '53-55 Studebaker with more modern Mopar drivetrain components. 5.7 Studebaker? Oh yah!

For daily drivers and work I have Ford trucks....4 of them...I also have a Fox Mustang GT 5.0 and a Suburban, so the Ford out number the GM...if I was going to replace the Dart or add to the collectible end it would be a 70 AMX, 390 4 sp..Golden Lime Green with the black mask paint...had one in 73 - 76, sold it when I went into the Air Force...

Guys/Girls,

I've always had Chrysler cars (300's etc.) as company cars but I hate to say it, I'm starting to like my - 09 Lincoln MKS.

sscuda

huh all wheel drive for the snow you say? I think my 97 ram 3500 posi dually 4X4 turbo diesel does just fine in the snow

I expect that my '09 Ram 4x4 will be able to get around in the snow OK as well but the WRX is pure fun to drive. Not REAL fast, but quick and agile. ANd then the 4wd to boot.......

I'd have to go with a Ford, as my second option. The 427, 428SCJ, 351C, and even the newer 4.6L (cammer) engines are sweet. I also have a few body styles I like in Fords, nice to see the Maverick "Grabbers", and the '66 Fairlanes at cruise nights.

I'm like some of you guys, I like them if they are old. I've had four Trans Am's so I really like Pontiac. But, I think my second favorite would have to be the fox body Ford Mustang. I've been considering buying one for the wife. That will be the only way I'll be able to get one.

I'll have to go with General Motors. This might have something to do with working at a GM dealership for almost 10 years. My Z/28 was a nice car to drive too.

I'm going to have to say I am kind a fond of Gen2 Camaros. I had an 11 sec one before my son was born. It was barly streetable though. Iv'e been a Mopar guy for 30 yrs but somthing about that car grabed me. After that I'd say anything Audi, Porsche.....not that I could ever afford the 95/96 993 that I want. Below are a pics of my kramaro if that is aloud.

cam1.jpg

cam2.jpg

cam5.jpg

cam6.jpg

Nice camaro, I was gonna put up a cpl pics of my non-mopar cars but was skeered. I posted some pics on a ford site I used to go to of our duster after we had the 6pt put in it just to show the quality of work that our chassis guy does on a daily basis(was able to keep the entire interior and the fold down back seat is still functional) and I was blackballed on that site lol. I know the fine upstanding individuals that own,drive and build mopars would never do that but I wasn't taking any chances lol.
Jr.

Nice camaro, I was gonna put up a cpl pics of my non-mopar cars but was skeered. I posted some pics on a ford site I used to go to of our duster after we had the 6pt put in it just to show the quality of work that our chassis guy does on a daily basis(was able to keep the entire interior and the fold down back seat is still functional) and I was blackballed on that site lol. I know the fine upstanding individuals that own,drive and build mopars would never do that but I wasn't taking any chances lol.
Jr.
OOPS sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone..........only had it for 9 months. Never again will I wear the Bowtie

Hmmm. number 2 huh. Not too tough to decide for tuggin and haulin my 07 F350 CC 4x4 V10 triton, Ford for sure. But for fun, a street legal go cart my 97 Porsche 911/993 C2 Cabrio in Guards Red. It is impossible to drive it slow, especially when you see a curve ahead! Kev

I am a big fox body Mustang fan. I own 3 of them,an 88 LX Notchback,331 T5, a 89 LX Hatch, 347,AOD, 66mm Turbo, and a 82 Mercury Capri RS 5.0, along with a 93 Explorer, a 95 Cutlass Ciera, a 01 Ram 1500 Quad cab, a 72 Demon 340 4-speed, and a 73 Dart Sport 340.:-D
35ibo6d.jpg

2cc6q0.jpg

Sometimes it amazes me that there are soooo many brand "snobs" out there. I've always been a devout GM guy (mostly Chevys) but I do like stuff from the rest of the American market., Fairlanes, Cougars, Mustangs, AMX's, Buicks, and Olds. It's all good. With what's going on in the current economy I don't think we should be dissing other car Co's. All of the big 3 still make some hot cars. It all comes down to what you want to lay your cash down on.

As far as the 60's and 70's stuff goes, I really really like the 64-66 Buick Riviera. One of the classiest bodystyles ever built.

#2 would be Fords I have a F250, 7.3 , the 7.3 before this one I put over 550,000 miles and it and the engine was never apart, looked new when I sold it.

#3 would be 64 to 67 Chevelle's

#2 for me is Ford. After Mopar went all FWD I started buying fox body Mustangs and just kept upgrading. At one point I sold all of my Mopars. A few years ago my old Duster 440 went up for sale , I had to have it back. I now have an 09 Shelby GT500 and a 90 GT all stock with 59,000 miles. Here are a few pics. Maybe I should quit buying cars and get a better camera.

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

i will not own a furd lol if it is not mopar i like tuners but the nice ones like 350z, supra, 240sx, wrx, evo, stuff like that along with cummins' and dirtymaxes. i like 68 z28s, and like hurst olds and t-types, cheby trucks most all of them lol. and amcs. the one furd i do want is a 67 fastback mustang but they sell a fiberglass body online so i want that with the 8.75 6 speed manual and a twin turbod /6:) that would be one sweet road race car and drift car lol. then everyone would say nice stang and i would say hey its mopar:):)

even though i can't afford them ferrari/fiat/alfa romeo then my number 3 would probably audi. amazing cars they are putting out.

I started this thread and I'm not even sure who I think is #2. I've owned a fox body Ford but was never really that impressed with its looks. Mustangs in general don't grab me becasue there are so many of them (a fastback Shelby is another story however. I'm sort of partial to 67-72 Chevy pick-ups and would love to get my hands on my dad's old 59 Chevy Impala (those cat eye rear lights were just plain cool).

-
Back