Whos coming to mopars at the Valley..

-

340srule

Whos going to be at Lebanon Valley this weekend,mopar day is Saturday and Nostalgia day is Sunday,we're heading out Friday to spend the weekend racing,the weather is looking great,anyone else staying out there and where??...:thumbup:

I will be there both days but i live in a easy drive.

Whos going to be at Lebanon Valley this weekend,mopar day is Saturday and Nostalgia day is Sunday,we're heading out Friday to spend the weekend racing,the weather is looking great,anyone else staying out there and where??...:thumbup:

I have never been racing and would like to try it. I have an SRT-4 I am bringing Sat.... to race or just watch if I chicken out!

Like ted_sweet I am planning on driving up for the day.

Kory

koryliss...have you ever dragged before?

I haven't but I have been to the autocross about a dozen times now. I know what you're saying with the "chicken out" feeling... I went to three events before I got up the nerve to drive...but once the car starts moving and adrenaline pumping, you forget all about the nerves. Its a total blast and I assume running the quarter mile like that is just as awesome.

Just go for it!!! What's the worst that could happen?? You miss a shift? It happens all the time. Break something? Unlikely but if its anything like the environment at the autox events, you couldn't be in better a better place. No doubt there will be ten other SRT4 folks (or A-Body Mopar folks!) who would be thrilled to help you out.

I would do it in a heartbeat if my Dart was ready to go.

BTW, the Dart is probably best for the Drags but the SRT4 would also be a TON of fun at the Autocross. If you've never done it, check out www.cartct.com.

I REALLY wanted to go to this event but I am tied up this weekend. I am planning to be (in the audience) at the 10/6 Nostalgia drags though.

MRGTX,

I have never raced a 1/4 mile but I have had the SRT at Limerock doing twisties... you are right....it was a ton if fun.

I do not think they will let the Dart on the track ... it would not get past tech ..... at least not yet.

Kory

I will be there for a few hours Saturday, not racing or showing. I will be organizing my trailer for the journey home. I broke an axle in the white K. I am straight back from the staging lanes, against the fence.

Yea, think we'll make the trip up. The Dart has had some work done and I'd like to sort it out before Richmond and E-Town. A bunch of F.A.S.T. guys will be there, too, so the racing should be interesting.

Dennis

What a waste of time and money,obviously track prep is not one of the valleys strong points the starting line was terrible right from the start,and they never touched it all day,every thing was spinning its tires from stock to the guys running slicks,the track was finally in good shape on Sunday until some guy broke his rearend at the starting line,and the clean up sucked,if your going to charge racers 30.00 to run at least give them a good surface to run on ,last time i venture out to that place:sad1::sad1:

Good for the fast guys...track still sucks!!!!

I was there all day both Saturday and Sunday. You are the only person who complained but you also complained about the track during Musclepollza . <Maybe you need to find a new track?

I was there all day both Saturday and Sunday. You are the only person who complained but you also complained about the track during Musclepollza . <Maybe you need to find a new track?

Really now,the 3 other guys i run with were'nt happy either with the condition of the starting line,and several others i talked too also,Ted you don't race anyways,so i'm speaking from experience that track SUCKS!!!.. my car 60's in the 1.47-1.51 all the time at n.e. dragway or e-town,then again they know how to prep a track properly,oh and i won;t be coming to that back yard track again..

-
Back