Who's Going To Bandimere May 6th?

-
I would like to go, but am committed to the Golden Super Cruise the night before. I am not sure I can get a pass for both events from the warden.
Joel

abodymopars:

Cool! See ya there. Maybe we want to set up a place to meet. I'll have my fiance' and daughter with me too.

Slanted66:

Well...maybe the Warden would be more likely to let you out if you bring her with? I'm bringing the Warden and her little helper too. :tongue9:

She will be riding shotgun with me on Saturday night. She is kind of new to the whole car scene...dont want to wear her out too quickly!
Joel

Ahhh....She's a newbie. Mine races SCCA and so does her Dad, She's been around cars all her life and works as a BMW tech.

Maybe next time. have fun at the cruise! :thumbup:

I will be there. Hey slanted, let her race the car. Best way I know to get them hooked. I will most likrly be in the roadrunner.

bird1.JPG

I need to get a few parts. How is the turn out for the swap meet usually? I need to get a few things but I don't want to get my hopes up too high if there aren't many people there. I want to make sure I'm there early though to be able to look before the good stuff is sold.

Rich

Wanta go but oldest is graduating at UW that weekend...

I will be there with the wife and kids…now weather or not my car is WITH me is another issue. If I can get all the loose ends squared away with the beast running (and track conditions permit) I’ll be looking for some high 10 second time slips :burnout: …assuming the car passes tech for that number.

I live in Parker....I'll be there probably both days. Great show!
Jim

Jim, are you talking about the Coys swap meet on Saturday. Cause Mopes on the Mountain is only on Sunday. Dave

It was a cold and rainy day, but they just dried out the track and kept racing. I was there from about 11:00 am to 3:50pm. Some very nice cars and fast times plus the two jet cars that I didn't expect!

My throttle cable broke on my way to make my first time run. It broke right at the peddle. I rummaged through the swap meet and found a throttle cable for a 70 Cuda (mine is a 67), but I did not have enough tools to MAKE that thing fit. So, I stuck a pair of vicegrips on peddle end of the cable and went racing. It didn’t work very well, I could not get full throttle. With all that mess I lost in the first round (big shocker)…oh well, it was fun anyway. :blackeye:

Flyfish,

Dam the luck! Why does it seem that this only happens at the strip when everyone's watching? I'll give you 5 stars for your ingenuity and perserverence though! Usually the guys (or gals) that work the hardest win, too bad it didn't work out for you this time. You have the right attitude though, and there's plenty of bracket racing going on at Bandimere the rest of the year, Mopar day or not. Plan on doing any more racing this year?

hey flyfish, nice car! Too bad about the throttle cable problems. I sold a few parts at the swap meet, but the 2 things I really wanted to sell didn't. I still have my small block 727 core and a 904 /6 take out. Oh, well, I'll have to move them again when I move this weekend. I'll be 5 minutes from the track now.

ramcharger said:
Flyfish,

Dam the luck! Why does it seem that this only happens at the strip when everyone's watching? I'll give you 5 stars for your ingenuity and perserverence though! Usually the guys (or gals) that work the hardest win, too bad it didn't work out for you this time. You have the right attitude though, and there's plenty of bracket racing going on at Bandimere the rest of the year, Mopar day or not. Plan on doing any more racing this year?

Funny thing is, my car almost (knock on fake wood desk) never gives me trouble at the track. I usually have all my problems driving around town. I’m registered for the King Street series so my next race is June 10th. Going on Vacation soon, but I hope to swap in the new cam I have sitting on the shelf before the next race. I would like to see a solid string of 10 second runs after the cam swap. Currently the car runs 11.0’s when all is working correctly.

66dartman said:
hey flyfish, nice car! Too bad about the throttle cable problems. I sold a few parts at the swap meet, but the 2 things I really wanted to sell didn't. I still have my small block 727 core and a 904 /6 take out. Oh, well, I'll have to move them again when I move this weekend. I'll be 5 minutes from the track now.

I think my wife would kill me if we lived 5 minutes from the track…oh well, at least I would die with a smile on my face!

flyfish said:
I’m registered for the King Street series so my next race is June 10th. Going on Vacation soon, but I hope to swap in the new cam I have sitting on the shelf before the next race. I would like to see a solid string of 10 second runs after the cam swap. Currently the car runs 11.0’s when all is working correctly.

Good deal. Let us know how it turns out for you!

-
Back