Who's the first?

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm still trying to find the original owner of my first '66 Barracuda. I's also like to find some info on the dealer that first sold it. The research I've done shows that the dealer was Universal Motor Company Ltd in Honolulu, Hawaii. I can't seem to find them on the net so they may not be in business anymore?? Were they a multibrand dealer or just Chry/Ply?
The car is a '66 Barracuda....not a Formula S but with most of the S options! It was built in Hamtramck and not in Los Angeles for some reason. Anyone know why? The car is silver/red; 273 4bbl. 4 speed, 8 3/4, disc brakes, buckets, console, tach, wood wheel, heater delete car, with a build date of 8/17/65 so it's a real early one. In the 30 years I've had it, I haven't run across an earlier one.
I got it at auction on the North Island Navy base in San Diego so I figured the previous owner was in the Navy and left it too long at the hobby shop and it was impounded and sold off to me. I didn't find anything in the car to I.D. the P.O. so the search goes on. Maybe someone here knows something.........
Thanks, Mark

-
Back