WHY DO I KEEP GETTING BANNED FOR A DAY OR SO AT A TIME????????????

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
This happened again yesterday. I turn on my laptop and log onto FABO only to get the FABO web page header with a message saying, "Your IP Address Has Been Banned". I always think it might be a glitch of some kind, but after multiple login attempts, I get the same message. This time it only lasted about 18 hours. Then, all the sudden, I can login. The last time it happened, a few weeks ago, it lasted several days. When I was able to log back on, I contacted @toolmanmike. He looked into it and said he found no reason for the ban to happen (thanks, Mike). I am no IT expert, but it seems like the problem is on FABO's end. If the problem was on my end, I would probably just get a message saying "the website is unavailable" or something similar.

The problem is that there does not seem to be any way to contact anybody to find out what is going on. The only thing I could think to do was contact a friend who is on FABO and ask him to contact an administrator on my behalf, but I don't want any administrators getting upset with that person for acting on my behalf.
I have never intentionally say anything foul or rude enough to get myself banned. If I did say something that offended someone enough to get banned, I would like to think I would be told why; not just get the "Your IP Address Has Been Banned" message. Does ANYBODY know what is going on?????
Thanks,
Mike

I don’t know squat about network settings and such, but I’ll see if anyone I work with has suggestions

Yes, that is strange. I just looked through the list and didn't see your name there. @Joeychgo needs to look at this.

This happened again yesterday. I turn on my laptop and log onto FABO only to get the FABO web page header with a message saying, "Your IP Address Has Been Banned". I always think it might be a glitch of some kind, but after multiple login attempts, I get the same message. This time it only lasted about 18 hours. Then, all the sudden, I can login. The last time it happened, a few weeks ago, it lasted several days. When I was able to log back on, I contacted @toolmanmike. He looked into it and said he found no reason for the ban to happen (thanks, Mike). I am no IT expert, but it seems like the problem is on FABO's end. If the problem was on my end, I would probably just get a message saying "the website is unavailable" or something similar.

The problem is that there does not seem to be any way to contact anybody to find out what is going on. The only thing I could think to do was contact a friend who is on FABO and ask him to contact an administrator on my behalf, but I don't want any administrators getting upset with that person for acting on my behalf.
I have never intentionally say anything foul or rude enough to get myself banned. If I did say something that offended someone enough to get banned, I would like to think I would be told why; not just get the "Your IP Address Has Been Banned" message. Does ANYBODY know what is going on?????
Thanks,
Mike
Are you running a VPN?

Thanks,
Mike

its the VPN you are using. Some VPNs are favorites of spammers and their IPs can get blocked by us. I searched through and I believe I found the IP and removed it from our blocked list. If it happens again, you only need to reset your VPN to change the IP your using.

its the VPN you are using. Some VPNs are favorites of spammers and their IPs can get blocked by us. I searched through and I believe I found the IP and removed it from our blocked list. If it happens again, you only need to reset your VPN to change the IP your using.
Whoo who I was right for a change

I do use a VPN. I have had McAfee for several years, and just activated the VPN a few months ago. The way I understood it, the VPN was added protection against cyber threats. I may do some more research on that. Thanks, Joey.

I do use a VPN. I have had McAfee for several years, and just activated the VPN a few months ago. The way I understood it, the VPN was added protection against cyber threats. I may do some more research on that. Thanks, Joey.

I'll just say this. I live my life online and I don't find it necessary to use a VPN.

-
Back