Why do people do this?

-

69GT

Reaction score
I've had several parts wanted ads running recently. In the last month or so I've had no less than five members respond that they have what I am looking for and after I express my interest and ask for pics, price, etc, I never hear from them again. I don't get it. Why tell someone you have the part and then never follow through on it? I get all enthused thinking I may have finally found what I need then I get no further correspondence from them. This isn't happening with new members who just signed on that might indicate a scam either. These are people who have been members here for years.

Scammers, mostly. Pay attention to their post count and join date. If they have a good post count and have been members a long time, then they're just assholes.

Lol, switch it around...buyers. Get them a ship quote and send a pm with amount...nothing...then send the assclowns another pm asking if still interested? Nothing...**** em. And it's not like it's one pm after another, so they forget or didn't see it. Once they get ship quote, I'll give it 3-4 days for a followup. Douchebags.
And yeah I chk to see when the clowns were on their mommy's laptop last....

Just for the record, lately I have not been always getting alerts. Then see someone replied to one of my threads days ago. Not making excuses for anyone. I see lots of what you are describing

Lol, switch it around...buyers. Get them a ship quote and send a pm with amount...nothing...then send the assclowns another pm asking if still interested? Nothing...**** em. And it's not like it's one pm after another, so they forget or didn't see it. Once they get ship quote, I'll give it 3-4 days for a followup. Douchebags.
And yeah I chk to see when the clowns were on their mommy's laptop last....
Oh no doubt it works both ways.

What I found with alerts, if you don't visit that thread for an alert or 2, then the alert is dropped. Hope that makes sense?
Just for the record, lately I have not been always getting alerts. Then see someone replied to one of my threads days ago. Not making excuses for anyone. I see lots of what you are describing

This. I've found out months after the fact that they've responded, but I didn't know because they didn't quote or PM me.

So, technically I'm guilty.

This. I've found out months after the fact that they've responded, but I didn't know because they didn't quote or PM me.

So, technically I'm guilty.
I may be in this same boat. All I can say is I try not too. If seller is interested enough, then send a PM or quote it.

-
Back