Why do some members stiff me?

-
A few people are like that, thinking they are owed . One bad apple does leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I think most of the members here are a considerate bunch.

some people don't say thank's and some people don't keep their word,for the most part it's few and far between on here,only thing that bothers me is when they don't let you know they got the part!!!!I wonder is it lost in the postal system?munched up by some loading machine?drives me nuttz!!!sorry you got stiffed,hopefully doesn't happen again.

i bought a door on another site a few years ago from a jackass member that is on here and he totally stiffed me. i paid with a check and really didnt know any better at the time. funny when i saw him here after he got banned from that site and vanished for a few years i sent him a pm just to let him know i didnt forget about him and of coarse he denied it then had amnesia, till i gave him every possible detail i remembered about him including part of his address. then he stopped responding... again. he wanted emails and proof from over 5 years ago, which i dont have, i know i have the check somewhere but even if i show it to him im sure hell try to tell me i recieved the part. its a lost cause, but i believe in karma, and i just know not to buy from the guy again.

Well put Jack. I've got a good memory, it's just short. SG, look at it this way. Some people are not as expensive as others. Some sell their asses cheaper than others. You can buy some people for $9.95 and when they beat you out of funds, that's their selling price. My father in law was in the banking business for many years and in the years of that business people would always ask him if he ever thought about taking any money. His reply was "Sure have ,BUT, i'd have to be able to come away with 8 million so he could use 4 million for lawyers and have 4 million left over to enjoy life with. Obviously a joking kinda guy. Never really found his price but for pete sake.....$9.95.
Some of the guys around the shop that work for me borrow tools and when i need em i usually have to go get em. I've gotten a lot better about not loaning tools. Some of em ask for a loan for a week or so and i help out but i have one thing going for me.....I do payroll deducts and quick. I do forget sometimes that i need to send a free part and i don't mind a friendly reminder as i'm just trying to help out a member in need. Challengergary, i haven't forgot about you and the sill plate. It's been raining. Maybe today.
Small Block

Sorry that happened to you, sgbarracuda. You have my admiration and respect....and I covet your car! Just keep on being you. You know about karma!
Pat

I can say that has never happened to me, yet. You know it's kinda like E-bay feedback, Seems the members that have alot of posts are the most trust worthy. HUM?

YEP! The current fella in question has been here for a little while but not to long. He has sold parts before to others. I have not seen anything bad posted about him. He did say he recieved the money and sent the parts out.

No parts yet! Hello!!!

Keeping quite for now. There could be a honest excuse to it all. May be a lame excuse, but I'll allways yake a honest lame excuse over a good lie anyday.

I have noticed there are more than just afew people here for what seems like just for the "For sale" section. I think one of the best guys I have delt with that almost posts in the 4sale section only is dusterdood. He has allways been excellent and more than fair.

This thread reminded me that I think I forgot to say THANK YOU! to the guy who sent me the pattern for the board that covers the spare in my trunk. I had some PC problems & totally lost his info so I don't know who it was. But, again, THANKS! :cheers:
I hope he sees this!

YEP! The current fella in question has been here for a little while but not to long. He has sold parts before to others. I have not seen anything bad posted about him. He did say he recieved the money and sent the parts out.

No parts yet! Hello!!!

Keeping quite for now. There could be a honest excuse to it all. May be a lame excuse, but I'll allways yake a honest lame excuse over a good lie anyday.

I have noticed there are more than just afew people here for what seems like just for the "For sale" section. I think one of the best guys I have delt with that almost posts in the 4sale section only is dusterdood. He has allways been excellent and more than fair.
Yeah, I bought from dusterdood and he's fair and honest. He shipped my stuff out right away. Thanks again dusterdood.

Well, it sounds like we've all had a little trouble in this area, and I must be a little more patient than some, but even I get worn thin. I developed a policy a while back when I was selling a lot on ebay that put an end to this, but when I joined FABO, I felt that I was among friends and dropped my guard. The members here have almost all stood behind their word and I am thankful for that, although I have had a slow to pay recently. I do not hold it against him, as I realize that everybody has priorities other than Mopars to consider. My policy in life has always been this... I treat everybody with the honesty and integrity that I would expect to be given to me, and even if I don't receive the same in return, I know that I can stand behind my actions 100%. Just know SGBARRACUDA that you're among good company here, and the ones that don't stand behind their actions are the ones missing out, and the ones that do more than make up the difference!! Geof

Dang just got burnt again but just a little. At least there was no money involved. I talked to a guy via e-mail for 2 weeks. Started out asking do I have the rubber pieces on the rear of the doors right at the glass. Answered yes. then he want the other two on the front of the quarter windows. I answered yes. Then do I have a good drivers non tinted door glass. Pulled one out of a door,cleaned it and wrote him back yes. Researched shipping on everything and sent him an e-mail with a total. He said I'll take it. Then asked if i had a pair of inner fender Shields. After all this says nah i don't want it. ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dang just got burnt again but just a little. At least there was no money involved. I talked to a guy via e-mail for 2 weeks. Started out asking do I have the rubber pieces on the rear of the doors right at the glass. Answered yes. then he want the other two on the front of the quarter windows. I answered yes. Then do I have a good drivers non tinted door glass. Pulled one out of a door,cleaned it and wrote him back yes. Researched shipping on everything and sent him an e-mail with a total. He said I'll take it. Then asked if i had a pair of inner fender Shields. After all this says nah i don't want it. ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Vent away SGBARRACUDA :-D That sure is allot of time and work to go through just to have him say nah i don't want it:angry7: That would make my hair stand up :angry7: Not good !! NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!
Sorry to hear you are going through so much B.S.

SG, that has happened to me a few times here on the forum (and others as well). Some people like to take you down the path and have you pull/remove parts, work out the shipping and sometimes package it all up only to pull the "No thank you" card out at the end. A little frustrating but I chalk it up to ... uh ... actually, I don't know what to chalk it up to. ;)

Well it's my fault, I should know to at least get a deposit of about 50 percent. I just want to believe in People being good.

I saw a want add somebody needed a sb heater hose bracket i had one laying around he asked how much i said nothing i'll just send it out, I just told him too keep his eye out for some dash sockets and a tuff wheel adapter, he sent me a handfull of dash sockets that i needed!! he sent his thank you and was very pleased. i felt like **** cuz i cleared out all my messages and i couldnt find him on here i searched through post ext. and dont remeber his user name so right now im just saying THANK YOU for the sockets..

I saw a want add somebody needed a sb heater hose bracket i had one laying around he asked how much i said nothing i'll just send it out, I just told him too keep his eye out for some dash sockets and a tuff wheel adapter, he sent me a handfull of dash sockets that i needed!! he sent his thank you and was very pleased. i felt like **** cuz i cleared out all my messages and i couldnt find him on here i searched through post ext. and dont remeber his user name so right now im just saying THANK YOU for the sockets..

You see, THAT is the way things should go. I know most guys here are good solid standup people. It's sad that the ones that stick in our mines are the bad ones.

I send stuff out every week to people for free. Just pay the postage. I have felt the same as you before. The last time I felt that way I PMed memike and told him all about it. I felt a lot better just talking to him about it. Now I only help certain people. And I have actually had a real good "KARMA" kick back lately as well. So, we are who we are. I like to help people. If they piss me off, I'll never help them again. Their loss.

well for those out there that do that to guy's sellin good part's at good prices,candy store won't be open forever,your makin it hard on the good guy's both seller's and buyer's that are serious,get with the program!!! how many hoop's you wan't people to jump thru to do you a favor???I have gotten to where I will guess at the cost's of shipping to the best of my knowlege and quote that,I take a beating on it sometimes and sometimes in my favor,even gave a refund to a guy that ordered the wrong part and told him to keep it and sell it when he can then send me the money from it,I can't afford to do that but can't afford the shipping loss either.I have taken too many trip's to the post office for a shipping quote after pulling and taking pic's and boxing stuff up to absorb any more loss and really don't need the extra work to do for deadbeat buyers,there are too many good people on here for you to go wrecking the whole program with your sniveling and tire kicking,so go your lazy :bootysha: to all the junkyards and spend your time gas and money trying to find the part's you need and come back educated about the time it takes for people to do your :bootysha: a favor.and if you say you wan't something....stick to your word!!! that's what needs to be done so think before you say you wan't something and make sure you have payment in hand.one seller I know put's a price on his parts that include shipping and I think I'll adopt that policy,He's by far one of the great members here to do business with and very honest about description's of his parts and super fair about his prices!!!Hat's off to ya oldschoolcuda,and the other good folk's here on f.a.b.o. ya'll are awesome!!Wow...I somehow turned this into a goodguy thread......sorry for the hijacking sg and you can raid my pully pile if you need to!
SG, that has happened to me a few times here on the forum (and others as well). Some people like to take you down the path and have you pull/remove parts, work out the shipping and sometimes package it all up only to pull the "No thank you" card out at the end. A little frustrating but I chalk it up to ... uh ... actually, I don't know what to chalk it up to. ;)

We need a feed back Forum
For a very good reason, good guy alert's are nice when a good deal goes down but it would be easy to request a feed back from the folks here that help or sell parts to one another so we can keep up with the people taking advantage of the good people on this site.
FABO is #1 so we are going to attract some bad apples and I am afraid they will spread worms though out this great Tree we call For A Bodies Only.
I hope I have not forgotten anyone here, I have had nothing but good so far and I HOPE I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ALL THE GOOD FOLKS HERE FOR ALL THEY HAVE DUN FOR ME HERE! :clock::happy10:

Well or little forum here shuck the tree a little bid. I just received payment for a little item. And to him I Thank You, I figured it was an over site.

I always treat people with honesty and respect.I have not bought anything from anyone on FABO but I sold a couple parts.I believe what comes around goes around.There are always a few bad apples in the bunch.And if some here screws me over I have a real good memory when it comes to that.But it seems for the most part theres alot of good people here.I know its hard to trust people anymore. Jim

Over the years I have sent several little items to members here and ask for no more than the postage. 90 percent of the time I receive it no problem. But there has been three members who ,I have sent parts to. And not even a thank you in return? Even after a gentle reminder. Even one guy that was begging for a liitle part. Now I have received a few little items myself to and I usually send postage and a few extra bucks. And for that I want to thank the members that have helped me in the past. I guess I'm just aggrevated and wanting to vent a little. Has this happened to anyone else? I guess i want to feel like we are a family here and can help each other out, but i guess like in anything else there a few bad apples in every bunch. Thanks I feel better now and I'll go take my Zoloft LOL!

Sorry to hear about this SG. I've sent out some parts for free and recieved some free parts, bought a few things too. So far so good, but I'm sure my time will come as well. If someone just asks for postage I will generally throw in enough to cover postage and a six pack. :)

I'm glad to hear the last situation ironed itself out. I was starting to think things here were going to hell in handbasket.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have done several deals with members here and have worked out just fine. I can't remember the members name. But I bought a B & M torque master converter from and the hub was taped up when he removed it a long while before. Unknowing to him, when I got it and removed the tape it was all rusted and pitted so I couldn't use it. What did he do. Told me don't waste the money shipping it back to him and that he would refund my money. And he did. I just wish I could remember who it was so I could mention his integrity here.

No, I'm not gonna start a pissing match by naming names. They know who they are. And yes they are still active. Just live and learn. You know I'm the one who made the choice to send the parts and leave each to their own Honor. I just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I may be out of line, but I kinda think you would be doing a service to the rest of the forum by giving those names. You could be saving one of us, from entering into a transaction with one of the people, who are not holding up to their obligations.

We need a feed back Forum
For a very good reason, good guy alert's are nice when a good deal goes down but it would be easy to request a feed back from the folks here that help or sell parts to one another so we can keep up with the people taking advantage of the good people on this site.
FABO is #1 so we are going to attract some bad apples and I am afraid they will spread worms though out this great Tree we call For A Bodies Only.
I hope I have not forgotten anyone here, I have had nothing but good so far and I HOPE I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ALL THE GOOD FOLKS HERE FOR ALL THEY HAVE DUN FOR ME HERE! :clock::happy10:

I think a feedback forum is a great idea.

-
Back