why i hate flippers

-
whats even more disturbing, by the same reasoning you (or me for that matter) coud be Hillary Clinton :banghead:

But the superhero code is you can't tell anybody if you are a superhero... :evil3:

Except your "special love interest"... Ie. Lois Lane, etc.... :D

One of the things that annoy's me about this happening is I wanted wheels just like that for my Dart, but didn't even know Lance had them. (especially for sale)
I would have paid the 150 for them, but I aint buyin em from that guy out of principle.

I would however, get him to send me twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy
pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each
one explaining what each one was, just for the fun of it. :)

One of the things that annoy's me about this happening is I wanted wheels just like that for my Dart, but didn't even know Lance had them. (especially for sale)
I would have paid the 150 for them, but I aint buyin em from that guy out of principle.

"In walks the judge with his seeing eye dog"

Rani should go over there and give him a sob story about her uncles mother's cousins niece's sister being broke because of some scam artist taking her $25 for parts she never got!

LOL the only reason I was selling them was because they have a 3 1/2 inch backspace and they stuck out of the wheel well way too far for me. I would've had to narrow the rear to get the look I want. spring cleaning :D

Did he drive far?

Wait for this set to be sold then put up another set for sale, then have him drive out to "pick up" the second set. When he shows, tell him you just sold them. :)

I fall for the sob story every once in a while. Those that use that for flipping purposes are surprised that the price concessions are nowhere to be found if they ever ask about anything else I have for sale.

I have given more small parts away on FABO because I was helping a fellow Hobbyist out. And a lot of the time paying the postage too. Now most guys will send me a little cash or send me the postage and that is up to them. I've been involved on auctions here to help out a member in need. I have no problem with doing this cause I like to help Moparites out. What I do mind is getting a sob story, helping out then find out I helped them turn a profit to other members!

I'm coming in here late but I have never been on this "Craigs List".

What does "flagged" their ad mean or do?

Means the poster is in violation of a policy and craigslist will cancel the ad. There is a box on every ad that allows anyone to "flag" the post.

It's good and bad. I had a ad on there for a 90 Dodge club cab for sale or trade and I guess I made some body mad as they keep flagging the ad?

It's good and bad. I had a ad on there for a 90 Dodge club cab for sale or trade and I guess I made some body mad as they keep flagging the ad?

They are most likely flagging it for fun (troll like).
Just like when some kids light a bag of poo on fire in the front door step on Halloween or such.
Then the person opens the door and has to step on it to put out the fire.

Means the poster is in violation of a policy and craigslist will cancel the ad. There is a box on every ad that allows anyone to "flag" the post.

They are most likely flagging it for fun (troll like).
Just like when some kids light a bag of poo on fire in the front door step on Halloween or such.
Then the person opens the door and has to step on it to put out the fire.

what is crazy is , I flagged it probably 20 times and I had help from people here , and 7 hours later it was still up. its only gone because the guy took it down. it must take a ton of times to remove a listing

Did he drive far?

Wait for this set to be sold then put up another set for sale, then have him drive out to "pick up" the second set. When he shows, tell him you just sold them. :)

I fall for the sob story every once in a while. Those that use that for flipping purposes are surprised that the price concessions are nowhere to be found if they ever ask about anything else I have for sale.

I don't think he came too far. its funny because I listed a few things today kind of hoping he would call for some of it , nothing yet though lol

I didn't think it took but one person to flag it? When I was listing the truck I would re list it on a few different cities and a day or two later they would be flagged?

I have flipped things before on craigslist. I ALWAYS improve it before selling it though and I never lead the seller to believe I am in real need of it.

Hey there is not a thing wrong with turning a profit or buying and selling. As long as your not waving the "HOMELESS AND HUNGARY, GOD BLESS SIGN" and playing on sympathy to get a better deal.

So couple of days ago..i answer a craigslist ad, early 360 block standard bore with crank 100 bucks...eddy performer intake 75 dollars..i told the guy i wanted the block and crank...he dropped the price on the eddy intake to 40 dollars...I said all i got is 27 dollars...he said sold...

So i can not resell the intake for more then 27 dollars...LOL..GMAFB...

So couple of days ago..i answer a craigslist ad, early 360 block standard bore with crank 100 bucks...eddy performer intake 75 dollars..i told the guy i wanted the block and crank...he dropped the price on the eddy intake to 40 dollars...I said all i got is 27 dollars...he said sold...

So i can not resell the intake for more then 27 dollars...LOL..GMAFB...

Well did you tell him you needed to save money for your grand mothers operation and you could only afford 27.00? Come on your just being silly. All you did was engage in the process of negotiating.

well..if you agreed to sell it at a certain price due to his song and dance....you should have had to your own song and dance as why you can not sell it at that price...like your baby's moma needs the money for diaper

if you got played...you got played...move on.....

Hey no problem. I'll try to remember your position if I have something you need. But I'm kinda old and as such I tend to forget, so please remind me. Enough said, we have taken away from the OP enough.

i guess one thing the "flipper" sometimes does, is he puts some of these old cars back in hands of people that will restore/use them? how many times have people complained about" the old car" that sits outside decaying for decades, owner will NEVER sell it!, only to hear "restore someday". the flipper gets a hold of it ( nevermind how!?), resells it for a profit. so another car is saved!???

another thing that I've seen over the decades, is the guys that turn up their nose at the guy at the swap or where ever ,, that buys, sells parts., project cars, etc.. some people can have an attitude, after all this is " their hobby! " funny thing is, when these "complainers" come upon a "deal" on parts, parts car, whatever,. they flip it all at a profit, but its O K,..... since it funds their car project!/? LOL

I say if we get screwed in our selling, just take it like a man and move on.....like 70aar cuda said!!!

the first time is "their" fault, the second time it would be "out" fault????

maybe I misused the term flipper , or used it as a blanket statement.

if someone gets their asking price and turns it for money , hey man, free enterprise no problem there

its when someone manipulates, lies , cons , whatever with some bullshit story and makes the person feel sorry for them reducing the price or even gives it away and they turn around and sell immediately for a lot more , is where I draw the line. yea im a sucker for falling for it , but I am also a giving person. it wont happen again.

im by no means saying that ALL flippers are this way, I guess I should have explained that in my original post.

if I buy a set of wheels for the advertised 100 bucks, and sell 2 of them for 50 each , I just got two for free. the guy selling got his 100 bucks, and i did not lie , con , or bullshit him into 50 bucks for all four and then sell for 50 each. it happens every day i know, i was just pissed it happened to me. but like i said , it just screws it up for the next guy that may really need a little help, its not going to happen.

I think he already took it like a man, and wanted to vent about it. :)

hey I agree with all that he said. " take it like a man" was a little of my dry humor !

non of us like trying to help someone just to find out we got taken advantage of.

non of us like trying to help someone just to find out we got taken advantage of.

that was my whole point of this thread. and I did move on 2 days ago , im not the one bumping this thread. ive already sold another 300 bucks worth of crap, and they paid MY price , even the flakes. guy tried to talk me down from 75 bucks for a fuel cell , I told him 75 or kick rocks , he paid. lesson learned. from there I don't care what happens to it, because I got what I wanted out of it.

school barry manilow or rob halford about taking it like a man , not me

maybe I misused the term flipper , or used it as a blanket statement.

if someone gets their asking price and turns it for money , hey man, free enterprise no problem there

its when someone manipulates, lies , cons , whatever with some bullshit story and makes the person feel sorry for them reducing the price or even gives it away and they turn around and sell immediately for a lot more , is where I draw the line. yea im a sucker for falling for it , but I am also a giving person. it wont happen again.

im by no means saying that ALL flippers are this way, I guess I should have explained that in my original post.

if I buy a set of wheels for the advertised 100 bucks, and sell 2 of them for 50 each , I just got two for free. the guy selling got his 100 bucks, and i did not lie , con , or bullshit him into 50 bucks for all four and then sell for 50 each. it happens every day i know, i was just pissed it happened to me. but like i said , it just screws it up for the next guy that may really need a little help, its not going to happen.

Well said. We haggle people a bit but we do not even look at the cars unless they are way below the blue book. The best was a 1960 f100. Dad called the seller and talked for a while and she declined our offer which is no big deal. We found another one for cheaper and ended up buyying it. The next day the lady called back and gave us a price 500 below what we offered. My dad told the women that she needs to ask more for the truck because it is worth more. Another week goes by and she says she is tired of dealing with the truck and we ended up giving her the orginial asking price. Ended up with two 1960 trucks. We sold one and drove the crap out of the truck the lady sold us for a few months.

We have lost a lot of money on a few cars though with engines blowing up on the way home.

-
Back