Why is it so hard...

-

thejohnnyguy

Young Gun
Reaction score
... to advertise the correct part? I ordered an alternator brush kit because one of mine broke. Now if you go to advance auto's website and type in the part number x299 you can clearly see that in the picture there are 4 brush holders. I only needed 2, but In my box there are none... I have since called them up and was told "Well I can try to order them again and we will see what comes, but there is noone we can call to make sure that they are in there." So now I have to wait and see what happens. I was also told "well it may just be in the picture, but not actually come with it" :munky2: (I bit my tongue) :thebirdm: -vent-

I see **** like this all of the time , and it never gets old !

What happens is the idiots whom preside-over the chain parts stores have decided -- in typical white collar fashion -- to choose the shittiest programmes and websites for not only retail customers , but for counter guys as well ; these systems are far from user-friendly !

What gripes me is , when an invoice comes-off the printer and the part(s) description(s) are as vague as possible !!
I won't mention any names ; but rather say that it's not a "Bal" to go to Summer "Kamp" these days ...

So , please , don't get mad at the poor bastard who's behind the counter ... get pissed at corpoRATe white collar deci$ion$ ...

I see **** like this all of the time , and it never gets old !

What happens is the idiots whom preside-over the chain parts stores have decided -- in typical white collar fashion -- to choose the shittiest programmes and websites for not only retail customers , but for counter guys as well ; these systems are far from user-friendly !

What gripes me is , when an invoice comes-off the printer and the part(s) description(s) are as vague as possible !!
I won't mention any names ; but rather say that it's not a "Bal" to go to Summer "Kamp" these days ...

So , please , don't get mad at the poor bastard who's behind the counter ... get pissed at corpoRATe white collar deci$ion$ ...

Heat of the moment. I called her back and talked to her again a few hours later because she ordered another one and said it would be there by then. I was very happy to hear that "the two things that look like legos" as she put it, were there. Phew. they swapped everything out and sent me on my way. Not her fault at all, I believe this can be traced to a dipshit at the distribution center. Funny thing was that the one I got at first was in a ziplock bag, and the 2nd set was sealed... hhhmmmm.... :p

I'm glad you found what you were looking for .

RE: the Zip-Loc Bag deal : That sounds to me like some greaseball wholesale customer ( i.e. , a repair shop ) took what they needed , and sent the remainder back ; not an uncommon practise !
Then , someone who didn't know any better took these Zip-Loc'ed parts back , and just put back on the shelf ( not even giving a moment's thought to having to hand-write the p.n. on the bag ! ) , only to resold to you .

Tire stores are infamous for picking & choosing what they need from a package , and then returning the rest .
I'm one of the very few whom always checks returns for their contents before I write a credit for the scumbags !
If the part or its package look boogered , no return credit : you ate it !

As far as the " ... looks like Lego's ... " deal :
unfortunately , that's typical . People whom don't know , nor care to know , anything about motorised vehicles are working these chain places .
Know how to look **** up in the computers ? You're hired !

Anyhow ... that's just the tip of the iceberg as to how **** gets screwed up at auto parts stores : careless people .

-
Back