Why is it?

-

Demon416

A-Body
Reaction score
Just wondered why alot of members here don't put the location they live in, in thier Avatar. Wouldn't that make buying and selling parts etc., that much easier? When someone posts parts for sale, the usual reply is: "where you from or where are you located?" If the location was listed in the Avatar, those questions wouldn't be asked. It would save time also. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I'm probably pretty typical. I trust this site in general, but I don't trust the internet at all. I've got nothing to hide.......nothing to show either. If you want more info on locations you can hit the "public profile" of any memeber, scroll down and you'll get their zip/postal code. Gets you close anyway.
Daryl

I'm probably pretty typical. I trust this site in general, but I don't trust the internet at all. I've got nothing to hide.......nothing to show either. If you want more info on locations you can hit the "public profile" of any memeber, scroll down and you'll get their zip/postal code. Gets you close anyway.
Daryl
Yeah that makes sense 440WIP. Thanks for the heads up.

Ehh, well, it did cut down on it. Once in awhile, I go through them all anyways. Then I hand out bumps to he how obeys. It's a good fella thing.

Ehh, well, it did cut down on it. Once in awhile, I go through them all anyways. Then I hand out bumps to he how obeys. It's a good fella thing.
So, he's the Judge and you're like "The Supreme Being?" LOL Really, thanks for doing that.

"The Supreme Being?"
LOL, thanks for joking about it. I look up to Adam and Joey as "DA Boss'" and there doing is the big "IT!"

I'm just hired (Sort of drafted really) to do a job since I allways seem to be here. LOL!

LOL, thanks for joking about it. I look up to Adam and Joey as "DA Boss'" and there doing is the big "IT!"

I'm just hired (Sort of drafted really) to do a job since I allways seem to be here. LOL!
Well, the Administation and Staff on this site do a great job. I'm thankful to be a member. Keep up the good work.

I have been on the internet since its inception, and I am aware that there are some malicious, dangerous M-F'ers on it... Lots of 'em, in fact.

But, I am old school enough that I still put my name in the phone book...

Anybody who wants to find me need look no farther than that. I try not to do unethical and mean things that would invite retribution from the crazies of the world, (of which there are more than you'd think!) but I realize that sometimes even that isn't enough.

Be that is it may, I refuse to cave in to them, and as a result, I don't even have a nickname by my avatar; Like I said, if anyone wants to find me, just look in the Conway phone book which not only provides my phone number, but my address, too. I'm not hard to find...

If you think you are, go to "ZABASEARCH.COM" and put your name in it....
You may be surprised.

How would it benefit me to utilize the anonmity of a name like "Mr360" or other such nonsense, on this site???

I'm just Bill Dedman... not hard to find, in any case.

I list mine and there are thieves everywhere,but my dogs let me know when someone is on the property and all they will hear is the sound of a gun,then I will ask ??? and if I don't like their answer?BOOOOM -------goodnight.

I've always wondered about people who blur out their license plates when they post a picture of their car on the internet. They don't do that when they drive down the road. I would be more worried about someone following me home and knowing where my car is stored, then somebody breaking the code at the DMV and finding my address from 1000 miles away?!?

BTW, I'm in Kansas City. Been in the phone book for 20 years. Come on by!

They seem to be the ones that don't ever fit in here at FABO. They don't socialize EXCEPT to run there mouth, think they know everything, total assholes! One member ran his mouth and I went to check him out. He had low post count, no zip code, no city or state listed. They run their mouth and run so having no information on here is makes them feel more comfortable so they will never be found to have a good *** whooping. Forget ever selling anything on here... that would be giving out to much information.

I of course wouldn't put my exact address on the net because that would be plain stupid. Someone would say "Well we know he's got a computer and cuda... we could still that!" But the city and state is always ok.

I've always wondered about people who blur out their license plates when they post a picture of their car on the internet. They don't do that when they drive down the road. I would be more worried about someone following me home and knowing where my car is stored, then somebody breaking the code at the DMV and finding my address from 1000 miles away?!?

BTW, I'm in Kansas City. Been in the phone book for 20 years. Come on by!

I've wondered about the license plate thing myself. I figure in the course of a week commuting to work at least 6000 people would see my plates. I guess if I had a real hemi dart or something worth big bucks I might blank 'em out.

Here in Colorado we have the "Make My Day" law. Intruders can be shot dead free and clear here. :-D Like Moparclown says, dogs and a gun go a long way.

I've always wondered about people who blur out their license plates when they post a picture of their car on the internet.

Hey! I do that! lol But I have a good reason for it. My license plate says '70 and my car is a '72. Sick of people always asking, "How come your license plate says '70 if your car is a '72?" Duh, Duh, Duh! That's why I do it.

I've wondered about the license plate thing myself. I figure in the course of a week commuting to work at least 6000 people would see my plates. I guess if I had a real hemi dart or something worth big bucks I might blank 'em out.

Here in Colorado we have the "Make My Day" law. Intruders can be shot dead free and clear here. :-D Like Moparclown says, dogs and a gun go a long way.

We don't have a "Make My Day" law here. But I pity the fool that breaks into my house, I don't miss much out to 400 yards. When it comes to my family's safety, or me going to jail. I will be going to jail every time. Besides, I can always put a knife in his hands after he stops twitching. Whether you put your location on a post or not, it is not that hard to find out where you are. It only takes an email for those that are real savvy about it.

Jack

memike, Same here ramcharger,:-D lead in my left hand and phone in my right
and 220 lbs of a over protective St.Banard .

I have been known to bait for any thieves here too.:toothy10:
Its like catching a big ol bass =P~
You would be surprised to see what some cheep 8lb fishing line can do on my hill:toothy10:

Hey! I do that! lol But I have a good reason for it. My license plate says '70 and my car is a '72. Sick of people always asking, "How come your license plate says '70 if your car is a '72?" Duh, Duh, Duh! That's why I do it.

Okay, someone has to ask...

"How come your license plate says '70 if your car is a '72?"

Daryl
But that's the point - people can get the info anyway, so where's the added security from excluding it from your Avatar caption? IMO, it just makes it that much more cumbersome when trying to buy/sell something.

As others have mentioned, the license plate thing gets me too - your plate is virtually public knowledge - as it is displayed for all to see on a daily basis - there's really nothing anybody can do with the information that would be catastrophic or couldn't be undone. If somebody needs a license plate number to complete the ultimate scam, why not just look outside at a passing car?

bottom line, IMO, all sales ads should BE REQUIRED to include contact info, location and PRICE. Pics should be stressed, but there are limitations to those sometimes.

We don't have a "Make My Day" law here. But I pity the fool that breaks into my house, I don't miss much out to 400 yards. Jack

I saw that shot you made Jack. Impressive! 8) I imagine that fool would be a fool for a very short time.

-
Back