Why is Pro Stock Dodge down on horsepower ?

-
I'm the opposite, I rarely watch the Nitro cars, I for one prefer Pro Stock where a race is won by the thousandths. When I go to the Gatornationals, I go on Thursday and Friday to watch the sportsman classes and first rounds of Pro Qualifying. Saturday and Sunday I watch on TV.

I agree 100%..that's why I tape the races so I can skip everything else and watch the pro stocks run:D:D

Personally I find pro level drag racing less interesting than watching grass grow. I do however appreciate the work and technology that is behind it. Drag racing fans always have wild conspiracy theories. Here's the truth with prostock... it's completely frigging irrelevant! Wildly morphed bodies, irrelevant engines, ect.

I'm a circle track guy. There's a reason why sanctioning bodies makes us switch bodies, change to fuel injection, ect. Without manufacturer backing, ect there is no prolevel racing plain and simple. And having been involved in prolevel racing for 3 generations I can tell you that no sanctioning body favors one brand over another. That's fan BS that gets thrown around in the stands.
Really,.........so explain why after everyone submitted their bodies in NAPCAR, got them approved after they all had the same time to R&D them, that Jeff Gordon & other
whiney *** bitches petitioned NAPCAR to let them change the cars............& got it.......twice!!! He had three noses on the car that year, if Petty, Evernham, Ganassi, or
Penske had asked for a new nose/ frt end twice I don't see that ever happenin'! We had a Ford fan that knew Rousch, they weren't any happier about it either. My post in
another thread not too far from this one about the early '80's screwing of Ford & the T-birds by NAPCAR while I was in High school ruined it for Me,....long before I owned
My 1st Mopar. I had(still have) My Grandpap's '71 Olds to have fun in, & no dog in any fight NAPCAR-wise. The Gordon deal happened a few yrs. B4 the COT debacle....

-
Back