Why me ?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
After a relaxing weekend with my wife I finally got the last 2 sets of rod bearings I needed. I stop at the garage and install the other 4 pistons. Then the timing chain. I reach a point where the `skeeters started to have a meal on me so I call it a night. As I'm rolling the engine back into a corner of the garage guess what..... the front caster snaps off the stand and I almost dump the engine on the ground.

p1126059421531.jpg

At this point I can't wait to see what happens next....

excellent.

shall i slip a caster in an envelope for you? :snorting:

it'll all be ok....just keep that in mind from now on when you're moving the engine, so you'll be ready if it happens again. i always expect stuff like that, so i do what i can to be ready for a mishap.

you'll get it there......at least you're having the problems NOW, BEFORE you get.........nevermind.....don't want to jinx you..........

Hang in there! This is just all part of being a back yard grease monkey. You'll forget all of the back-steps and irritating things like the broken caster once you take your first spin around the block in the Cuda.

for sure the most important is that you are ok! you will forget these misshaps as soon as your standing in that first realy big cloud of tire smoke;)

I was bending over to pop the front caster over a broken section of cement. I lifted the front of the stand and I saw the wheel drop off. I knew right then and there it was gonna hurt one way or another. Fortunately I was able to cross-check the block right at #1 cylinder and rock it back to being stable. And miracles of miracles... nothing bad happened to the engine or me.

I'm off to do battle now with it now. Pray for me.....
sterb234.gif

wow fastback you could do one of those reality shows covering your rebuild. then you'd get enough $ to hire it done and badger the piss out of them

Heads are on...timing cover done....lifters & rockers go on tomorrow....engine goes IN the car Sunday. The only bad thing that happened today was a trunk hinge & tension rod took a dump on the SE-R.

I have to bring it back to spec with a sledge hammer at work tomorrow.
sterb117.gif

so what exactly can happen had the motor fallen on the ground.... lol I know what the worst case scenario is , but im asking this because we recently got a 440 from the yard, and my friend was moving the engine hoist when he moved it over a towel on the ground, it caused the leg to lift cause it was missing a pin, and the weight of the 440 overcame it and it took a spill from about 3 feet high. It doesnt look to bad, looks like the cylinder head that he isnt going to use took most of the blow, you think his motor is trash now? can a motor survive a small fall?

-
Back