Why you should buy quality electrical parts

-
Chinese give a great deal. A 76 A fuse for the price of 10 A. Many products are "self-certified" by the manufacturer. I once qualified a product for European sales, which requires the "CE" mark. We spent weeks and much money in a testing lab and had to keep the results on file at a European subsidiary in case the CE gods called for an inspection. You see those CE marks on all products from China, even stuffed animals. I doubt many companies are inspected. We never were.

Re fuses, in my Mercedes everyone knows to use the gold Euro fuses. The tin ones always corrode. I had to polish the tips of one just yesterday to get my sun-roof to close. Corroded connections are the most common problem w/ fuses. That can cause heat that melts a round U.S. fuse inside by the tip where you can't see the wire broken. When a kid, we suffered thru 7 summers in FL w/ no AC because my dad pulled the blower fuse and it looked good so he gave up.

Thanks for the heads up I had actually had the fuses on my list of stuff to get on one of my trips to HORROR FREIGHT a while ago, had the coupons and all but for some reason just chose to not get them. I have one of there stores so close I could throw a rock and hit it but now I'm thinking maybe it shouldn't be a rock I'm throwing.

*** I do know the difference between quality and junk but for those once in a while uses apps I have some of their stuff, hmmmmm, Pole Saw, the oversold all inclusive famous Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool and a Reciprocating Saw which have all been fine when used and your always there when using.

Butttttttttttt I also have three of their trickle chargers on batteries and now I'm wondering??? Only have about $20 in all three which is less then one battery tender. Think I'ma go get the Battery Tenders to be on the safe side anybody have any thoughts on this what the possibility of Over/Under charging or God forbid fire if one of these trickle chargers were to fail.

Chinese give a great deal. A 76 A fuse for the price of 10 A. Many products are "self-certified" by the manufacturer. I once qualified a product for European sales, which requires the "CE" mark. We spent weeks and much money in a testing lab and had to keep the results on file at a European subsidiary in case the CE gods called for an inspection. You see those CE marks on all products from China, even stuffed animals. I doubt many companies are inspected. We never were.

I have sadly discovered through testing that many far-eastern companies will outright lie about the data the submit to the FCC for radio equipment crtifications. It is not the Chinse exclusively. Sadly there are not enough users out there who can/will test things like this and catch the issues up front; and pretty much all distributors (including the Harbor Freight's up to high end distributors) will be naively to willfully ignorant until it costs them.

Maybe HF can make up some of the lost $$ by selling these as one-shot ignitors!

-
Back