wide tires on a duster

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hi so i have always loved the look of some wide tires on the rear end of a car. so i want to modify my '73 duster to be able to take some wide tires. the tires that i want to put on are some 33.5 x 17.5 drag radials. so has anyone on here put tires this wbig on before? and how narrow should my rear end be for something like this and how much offset should i have on my rims? (im looking at getting some 15 x 15 champion billet rims with a custom offset of 3.5"-8") if anyone could give me some advice or numbers of this stuff it would really help me.
also i know im gonna have to change my suspension (im looking at putting in a 4 link) and i know that im gonna have to go over my rear wheel tubs too.

I love the look too,but decided the cost to satisfaction ratio was just too high for me.
I managed to fit 325/50-15s into my stock wheeltubs(68 Barracuda). That HAS to be good enough for me.

I love the look too,but decided the cost to satisfaction ratio was just too high for me.
I managed to fit 325/50-15s into my stock wheeltubs(68 Barracuda). That HAS to be good enough for me.

yea i can definatly understand that , the rear champion rims are $860 each lol, ive heard of some people putting 10" wide tires, what width rims are you running?

I got lucky. I was driving down the road one day and saw some aluminum slot mags sitting on a guys porch. I slammed on the brakes and backed up the bus. After a bit of haggling, I loaded em up. They are 15 x 10 ET IIs. They turned out to not be the best deal I ever made. I had a machine shop bore out the center hole and press in a steel ring so that they would center on my axles. Oh well.I mounted some 295s on them for street duty.
My 325s are mounted on Wheel Vintiques 15 x 10 Rallayes.The rear end was narrowed to accept those with a 4.5 bs. I can now run nearly any vintage 10" wheel I choose.

the tires that i want to put on are some 33.5 x 17.5 drag radials.

To run that tall of a tire, you will need to radius the fenders; so you will need body work besides having to backhalf the car and install tubs.

AJ/FormS, any pics with these?

I dont think so
This car was never meant to be anything but a brawler, even though the body was redone, before it ever received a powertrain or even running gear. When fresh in 99 it was a work of Art. That lasted about 1 day, as I promptly backed it into something and immediately wrinkled the still-soft paint. Shortly thereafter my son borrowed it to take to work. It came back with overspray on it, a result of parking it in a bad place, behind a redneck paint booth. Then I backed it into a tree. Then something in the trunk took off on a spirited drive and poked a nice pointy molehill up near the fillercap. Then I had to cut the front fenders for tire clearance on turns. Then I had an underhood fire due to my own stupidity. I cut holes in the hood to duct fresh cold air to my Holley.And after the 10th year, rust started to come through in several places.
Point is, to me,it was never an idol.It was just a car. Not worth taking pictures of.
I have pictures of the beautiful God-created things that I have seen in this world, and pictures of my family. Those were worth taking.

To run that tall of a tire, you will need to radius the fenders; so you will need body work besides having to backhalf the car and install tubs.

this is what i was hoping to avoid, i mean i like the look of radiused rear fenders on a '55 chevy but i dont think they'll look good on a duster. if i put go to a 30" diameter i should be able to fit it in, 7172duster is runnin 30x9's and the just small enough to work with the stock quarterpanels.

do0wm8.jpg

-
Back