widest and tallest tires on a 68 barracuda

-

cherokeechief79

Reaction score
i know this has probobly been asked a million times but this may be different.weve got a 68 cuda which we plan on doing the us body spring relocation kit on.weve got an 8 3/4 thats been narrowed 3 inches per side with no spring mounts on it yet.my son loves the old school look with skinnys on the front and fatties on the rear.we have decided to go with direct bolt pattern cragar ss wheels.were ordering the fronts soon and were getting 4.5 wide with 26 in tires 6 in wide.both the front and rear are now 4.5 bolt pattern.i have a set of mickey thompson 33 x 18 tires on steel wheels that have 2 patterns on them.one of which will fit 4.5.i know these are huge but is there any way these will fit even if they stuck out a bit with just the spring relocation?if not what is the largest and widest you guys have ever seen that are still using leafsprings?
the 33s were onmy narrowed dana 60 in my 91 s10 and they didnt even come close to going beyond the bedsides but the springs were brought in 6 in per side.
thanks

I don’t believe your going to get them under the back without back halving it. I had 16x33 slicks on my 67 Barracuda. But it was a chassis car. On a 71 Dart I raced I moved the springs in and was able to run 29.5X11.5W slicks in the rear.

Old school...got you covered:
Leaf spring relocation and some humongous,
Mickey Thompson 29 x 18.00 R15 Tires, Sportsman S/R Radial
DSC04253.JPG
DSC04279.JPG
DSC04274.JPG
DSC07625.JPG
DSC07626.JPG
DSC07628.JPG
DSC07630.JPG
DSC07642.JPG

And if you're going TOTAL old school I still have some extra stickers you can have , but only if u plan to use them. I even have some my wife wouldn't let me put on the 'Cuda....she's such a prude!!!!:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Last edited:
Treblig, your in box is full. I'd like to discuss what old school stickers you have.

Treblig, your in box is full. I'd like to discuss what old school stickers you have.
Actually I was offering some of the stickers to Cherokeechief79 because he said he was building an "Old school" Barracuda. I have quite a few. But these are not original NOS stickers. They are really nice reproductions, like the one I posted. Old original reproductions lose there stickiness (from old age) and don't hold up in the sun like the newer ones. I've sent a message to the moderators to find out why I can't delete any of my messages??

EDIT: OK, I fixed the "conversations" issue!!

yes we would definately be interested in some of the stickers.our car is now the same color as yours but a notch.
this is my sons car.he also has a 67 galaxie lifted so hi in the rear that the back window is useless thru the rear view mirror!

stink bug stance!

Last edited:
yes we would definately be interested in some of the stickers.our car is now the same color as yours but a notch.
this is my sons car.he has a 67 galaxie lifted so hi in the rear that the back window is useless thru the rear view mirror!
OK, I'll try to send you some pics (gotta dig out the stickers). Also on my Barracuda, I had to raise the rear a little but then I modified the rear view mirror with a shorty stem to let me see what was behind me, worked out perfect......think I still have some extra shorty stems???
Of course the new back up cameras are pretty cheap nowadays!! This is all I've found on the primary search, I know I have many more including the one I posted with the Dame!!

DSC08211.JPG
DSC08212.JPG
DSC08213.JPG
DSC08214.JPG

Last edited:
I bolted 275/60-15's on some 8" rims on my '68. They fit inside the fender well without rubbing.

IMG_1005 (Large).JPG

B1.jpg

Spring Fling (Medium).PNG

-
Back