Wierd happenings today

-
was built from a scrapped vehicle or one that the title was forfeited. This one has a rebuilt title that means it was wrecked but repaired by a shop. Either way it doesn't matter to me because I plan on keeping it. I already figured out where it came from and where it ended up but I am still trying to fill in the blanks as far as when it was wrecked. I do know that the frame is straight as an arrow and it looks like it got hit high on the hood. the front bumper cover don't really have any damage. What I'm really looking at is having to buy a hood and then repaint it. It needs brake rotors and tires and the wheels need to be polished. I hope to get done with another 5 thousand or so and end up with $13000 in it.

was built from a scrapped vehicle or one that the title was forfeited. This one has a rebuilt title that means it was wrecked but repaired by a shop. Either way it doesn't matter to me because I plan on keeping it. I already figured out where it came from and where it ended up but I am still trying to fill in the blanks as far as when it was wrecked. I do know that the frame is straight as an arrow and it looks like it got hit high on the hood. the front bumper cover don't really have any damage. What I'm really looking at is having to buy a hood and then repaint it. It needs brake rotors and tires and the wheels need to be polished. I hope to get done with another 5 thousand or so and end up with $13000 in it.

Your insurance agent can pull the records to tell what damage was done.

Like I said, he's told me things about my cars that I didn't know... He's as good as carfax...

Any insurance work that was done will come up in their search...

But I'm glad I finally got my own Viper, I'm tired of riding ***** at the Viper club events and having to tellpeople"no thats not my Viper, it belongs to my son"

Do you have Amy pics of your sons car, and did you guys go to the Nats after he bought it? I heard that same reply the last time I was there 4-5 years ago.

Congrats on finally getting yours!

We go to the Nats almost every year ( I think I have only missed 2 or 3 since it started)but we didn't make it this year. He is always up front with the Viper owners association and I am usually in the swap meet area. I go up to the Viper area when the lunch and dinner buffet is open up in the tower. He actually won the Amsoil Dyno Challenge there a couple of years ago in the non power adder division with 432 rear wheel horsepower. Got his car in a magazine and everything. Here is his 2003 Viper SRT10
DSC00686_zpszfeb9l8b.jpg

You may have bumped into my dad and brother at the different Viper owners meets. They had a 94 red one with Indy Pace Car decals on it... (We put the decals on it so it would stand out from the other million red ones....)

One trip on the way back to Chicago from a Viper meet in Detroit, my brother and dad were almost across Michigan, when my brother passed a cop while doing 80 MPH...

Dad suddenly felt the car speed up...

He asked my brother, "What are you doing???"

My brother said that, "It's only 8 miles to the border, and there's no way that a Caprice can catch a Viper with an 80 MPH head start.... I just hope that they don't have co-op with Indiana...."

So dad just laid back and rode it out...

They made it without getting pulled over....

I could have gotten my dad's Viper built with the first tan interior, but that's another story....

My son was telling me the other day that a while back he had passed a cop at 160 mph about 5 miles from home and he just pushed down on the pedal and flew on to the house and pulled in his garage. Then I realized why he pushed so hard to get an electric gate opener installed. He needed it for his bat cave entrance.

Congrats !!!
Great stories & cars, thx for sharing !!!

LOVE the "Catch me Copper" color!!!! THATS not one seen on the Vipers..... NICE ride, GREAT price, the hood looks repairable, not needing replaced! Is what I see possible? Looks more like surface cancer then a true replacement issue......

Its got a couple of cracks all the way through but we will probably attempt to repair it before popping the $3600 for a new one.

-
Back